Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics, Stu. Even, dare I say, the out-of-focus ones: nice work by Clare. :lol:

Good to see you both again. :D

Kev

aspro said:
Cool pics Stu. Nice drive down together. Spa is looking good. ;)

Awesome news mate - if you want I can send the details of our planned journey over?
We had a great day in the sun at Stanford - face is peeling now, looking good! :oops:

Cheers for the kind words Kev - your bus is looking perfect!

Mike - never even knew it was going in? :shock:

Didn't even know the latest issue was out - not even out electronically yet!

Clare is bursting to see it now.p :D

We are currently down in Truro after a lovely 350 mile journey in the bus last night for the bank holiday however the weather is bloody terrible so we are currently in the pub

Maybe I get the magazine slightly earlier, how do you mean you didn' tknow it was going in!? Did you do the interview a while back?

Any way there's a nice pic of you two in there as well.

'the weather is bloody terrible so we are currently in the pub'

best place to be then :lol:

I thought that bus on the cover of C&B looked familiar :lol:

Nice article, does you proud. :D

I knew about this for months....but was sworn to secrecy! :lol:
Bit of a dark horse that Stu....wonder what else he's got up his sleeve??! ;)

Foz said:
I knew about this for months....but was sworn to secrecy! :lol:
Bit of a dark horse that Stu....wonder what else he's got up his sleeve??! ;)

:msn4: maybe making an update soon :msn4:

Nice one . Great article. Enjoy the pub. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Stuck under van this morning mounting the propex.

J & P
:D :D :D

Well what an eventful weekend! Surprise magazine feature after the pics were taken in August last year and a trip down to Truro.

After seeing a pic of a beetle running BTR wheels in SPA a while ago I decided whilst I was away in Afghan to have a set imported through OTR Aircooled - Top job by Chris who was able to hand deliver them to me some 4 months later on after they were shipped from the states.
I decided to go for 2 rear wheels size 15 x 7 and 3 fronts 15 x 4 (included a spare)

Having spoken to a few peeps regarding getting them to actually run on the bus I decided to contact Ben Lewis of the famous Evil Ben's One Stop Resto Shop and inquire as to the feasibility of him carrying out the work, no mean feat getting these wheels to run on an Earlybay! Custom springplates, narrowed rear track, custom driveshafts, relocated suspension mountings - the list goes on and on. Ben talked us through the list of jobs and amount of work required to get them fitted and we were happy to proceed.

Arrangements where made and Clare and I made the LONG trip down to Cornwall on Wednesday eve! 350 miles of driving through some horrendous weather and a hilly terrain after a full day of work. Ben had a tight timescale to get them done due to us needing to be heading home again on the Sunday. Safe to say Ben and his team pulled off the impossible and completed the bus Sat eve - in budget and perfectly stanced for our requirements. We WILL return in the future for some further work that will probably involve air ride suspension however that will require some serious saving.

Anyway here are the pics

Cold and wet morning after sleeping in the bus post drive down

WZyBz.jpg

Following pics were taken by Ben whilst the work was taking place

YNkTH.jpg

V6F8o.jpg

zhFMu.jpg

5JC1R.jpg

GVzHA.jpg

5cD1U.jpg

egoJb.jpg

DaYeg.jpg

4INch.jpg

3z5yT.jpg

3f1St.jpg

xar2Q.jpg

Iku1r.jpg

L7RZP.jpg

Lbcyx.jpg

8ghoH.jpg

HkzmK.jpg

fuScX.jpg

R4VgD.jpg

9vyTg.jpg

AJjd6.jpg

0u5wT.jpg

GMqkm.jpg

The man himself!

W6bkl.jpg

V9y4q.jpg

WKl7p.jpg

vHQtS.jpg

After the 350 mile drive back here they are

m5dbV.jpg

P0STE.jpg

Ng8uT.jpg

94mCi.jpg

Y0jG6.jpg

sBdIo.jpg

vULkx.jpg

GZM0s.jpg

Need to sort some skinnier front tyres out and get a CE rear disk kit ordered and I will be all sorted.
Big thanks to Ben and his team - truly stunning work and great service! Cant recommend his facilities enough or the warm welcome and customer service.
Gave Murphy a free health check and tuneup as part of the service - ran a treat all the way home.

Mike - yep they look similar to slot mags however they are a little deeper

Some other pics to illustrate the depth and therefore the difficulty in getting them to fit - I think these are the only set on an EarlyBay in the UK

lDwh5.jpg

5qWIw.jpg

tYVMG.jpg

Front and rear thickness

esikj.jpg

Some pics from the way back this afternoon

xdMK1.jpg

GPxXI.jpg

6rTmO.jpg

Latest posts