Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work and some awesome progress.

I wish I had put a fuel sender hatch in the same as my engine hatch, but not sure I could face cutting the hole whith all my interior in place - especially with any sparks!

I'm not sure whether its a good thing or not, but seeing all of you do this great work as "on the road" projects makes my mind wander and I am very much looking forward to when I get back! Some small and big things in the pipeline!!!

NaFe

StuF said:
aspro said:
Getting heaps of work done on the bus Stu. Well done. I wish I had the time.

I'm very interested to see what improvements if any the VS exhaust has to a stock 1600DP. Looking forward to the report. :D

To be honest mate - I am not expecting any noticable improvement in performance however exhaust note has improved dramatically!

I'm sure you can get fake exhaust sounds for your stereo system. A hell of a lot cheaper than a VS exhaust. ;)

Many thanks for all the positive comments -

Nathan hope your having a wild time over in Aus, very cryptic statement you made there!!
"Some small and big things in the pipeline!!!" :lol:

Chris it wasnt that expensive and to be honest paid more for the stick on aluminum bumper trims - love my bus bling!
Radio exhaust tunes arent shiny!

Paul how's tricks mukka loving your garage build - big jobbie that one!

Dont want to go back to work next week been enjoying this time off after my holiday abroad!! :(

Good stuff stu - tempted by the seductive VS mmmmmmm :mrgreen:
Will have to have a look at datc to compare towbars to make sure it will fit mine too ;)

Well referring to the other thread I started about installing an uprated headlamp loom from here http://www.dubz-by-dan-shop.co.uk/shop/article_11/VW-T2-Bay-Window-Bus_Camper-Uprated-Headlight-Loom.html?sessid=MIKqxp7fDrrnv6UH5zd9SvUtuMvd35bLYQs9pZv0mQDyj4vjvDlAI92TwdkemDhs&shop_param=cid%3D3%26aid%3D11%26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have managed to do it and light output has improved significantly. My old orangy light now shines with a blue tinge as I have replaced the bulbs with some capable of taking more wattage. Orangey to nice clean white/bluish light. I also added some LED sidelights so they last longer as one of the old ones had blown.

The loom takes power directly from the fuse box to a set of relays, connects to the old drivers side loom for switching and then runs across to the passenger side headlamp. Would probably take 30 mins or so to revert to the old loom without much bother.

The only issue is now my sidelights and dipped beam come on together regardless of the position of the headlamp switch? Light output is strong and unchanged on both the first and second position of the switch. Not sure if this will be an issue come mot time and cant find anything definitive online - all it seems to say is that they must illuminate and be of the correct adjustment.

The dash is all back together and all the other dash lights are working - so things are much clearer when driving.

Some pics of the progress

Old main beam

zSR6G.jpg

New loom main beam

Wj0CM.jpg

Decided to take power from this section of the fuse box

WbyJQ.jpg

Mounted the relays under the dash out of the way but accessable

ae1pV.jpg

yUSgw.jpg

Wasnt a 5 minute job and although the loom is made to a high quality the instructions are not for a VW type 2 - more likely a golf mk2! As a total electrics biff I was quite pleased the headlights still worked! Even though the sidelights and dipped lights are on together!

Nice work Stu.....nice to see progress being made.

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Today only a quick bulb replacement - found the H4's I got from eBay to be a little too "Blue" for my tastes so I shelled out for some proper bulbs

ygcbz.jpg

Should do the trick - will be able to test them out soon as we are planning some night driving down south to see friends :D

Quality job Stu.
Daunting to me but I need to do the same at some point.... well the whole lot could do with replacing for piece of mind!

..... When you free?!?!? :lol:

8)

Myvanway said:
Quality job Stu.
Daunting to me but I need to do the same at some point.... well the whole lot could do with replacing for piece of mind!

8)

Paul - if you bought the loom and took it to a show where we were camping I could easily install it for you mate, wouldnt take much longer than an hour now I know what I am doing! Couple of beers would be ample payment! :D

StuF said:
Myvanway said:
Quality job Stu.

8)

Paul - if you bought the loom and took it to a show where we were camping I could easily install it for you mate, wouldnt take much longer than an hour now I know what I am doing! Couple of beers would be ample payment! :D

You can do mine first mate, then you can tackle Pauls after the couple of beers payment. :lol: :D

Bigbear said:
StuF said:
Myvanway said:
Quality job Stu.

8)

You can do mine first mate, then you can tackle Pauls after the couple of beers payment. :lol: :D

Haha - the more the merrier! Honestly it's not a tricky job to fit the loom, hardest bit is getting power from the fuse box :D

Had a great day today at Stanford Hall - massive thanks to Mike for organizing such a great display and sorting out all the tickets
Was fantastic to catch up with all the guys after my prolonged trip to Afghan - how much can change in a year hey Baz!!

Made some cool plans for Spa and had a great cruise down this morning with Aspro! Am slightly sunburnt and enjoying a vino rouge!

Looking forward to catching up with you guys at a show soon - Aircooled 14 is our next one!

Here are some pics Clare took today - apologies if some are out of focus

Y1lnT.jpg

M6TyW.jpg

hXekq.jpg

gEAiL.jpg

hPbFn.jpg

5Z8c6.jpg

1ZaPV.jpg

ADJOK.jpg

D9PfO.jpg

9ZGrV.jpg

ucrz9.jpg

iSnIf.jpg

b2xIE.jpg

RDaAT.jpg

E2nYx.jpg

KaLT8.jpg

K2Rwy.jpg

U6sAL.jpg

6oml0.jpg

k0ipG.jpg

Ar1ym.jpg

Mlapu.jpg

fHwi7.jpg

Nz2Hf.jpg

TAQ9f.jpg

SH8UL.jpg

lV5eE.jpg

vlpHV.jpg

OmwNA.jpg

hRdO5.jpg

4KMf0.jpg

Xqswo.jpg

9mv3C.jpg

cAV2i.jpg

cfhrs.jpg

OgKDd.jpg

JuvkV.jpg

vB0ZY.jpg

eEQRu.jpg

Qm0kU.jpg

JiwvG.jpg

PIqa2.jpg

a6SLo.jpg

ftjpz.jpg

512Eq.jpg

iscpG.jpg

5zNG7.jpg

t7zkD.jpg

:D :D :D :D

martin.sim said:
Nice to see you there :)

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

And you mate - hope you got back ok! 8)

We did thanks, today's dilemma is where to fit the bottle opener we purchased yesterday lol

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Latest posts