Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myvanway said:
8)

So when can I have my empi's ;)

Awesome Stu.

Cheers Paul - the Chrome Empi's x 5 with correct load rated Bridgestone tyres will be for sale very soon! If your interested! :msn4:

Nice work, I was looking at doing this a few years ago, John of Vintage Valley has them on his split, that's the only bus I've seen in the uk on them, meaning you must have the only bay 8)

Superb Stu.....love the rims......the only way to go now is low...you know it makes sense ;)

Hi guys - many thanks for all the kind words and comments, loving the wheels and the magazine feature even though the pic of me looks terrible as I am now about 4 stone lighter.

Going lower has been mentioned an number of times however it would require some chassis notching and at the moment the coffers are depleted to the point the wifelet says NO!

This eve I had a bit of a shock see this thread http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59615" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Any advice greatly appreciated

However it wasnt all bad - I did managed to get Buttys Throttle Linkage Installed before finding the steering issues

Before shots

Lhm3C.jpg

H5XRt.jpg

FvCPp.jpg

Removal of old linkage

YuCtS.jpg

New one slotted into place

VvKMW.jpg

L9rU4.jpg

Didnt fancy drilling any holes so just used a tiewrap to secure the spring

GbivV.jpg

KXjBN.jpg

Not had chance to take the bus out for a drive yet due to other issues however the throttle pedal feels excellent. Have several other jobs to complete before aircooled14 and will see loads of you peeps there

More updates to come - although none as exciting as the new wheels unfortunately, more likely oil change, rocker covers and other such boring bits!

Thanks again for the positive comments! :D

Cheers fellas - I do love the new wheels!

At the moment Murphy isn't looking his best! Currently up on axle stands getting some well needed replacement parts and maintenance!
Front wheels have been removed and fresh (skinny) tyres going on tomorrow - 145/65/15 Bridgestones rather than the 165's that are on now!

So far I have fitted the following,

Buttys Throttle Linkage
Replaced the Cracked/Perished Steering Coupling
Replaced the Gear Shift Coupling with a Urethane Jobbie
Scraped off some of the flaking stonechip ready for some fresh underseal

Tomorrow after getting the tyres sorted I will be dropping the oil, replacing the filter/screen, fitting new bolts and screws along with a fresh base plate and some shiny rocker covers.
Exciting stuff to do on my birthday! Might even remove some more flakey stonechip!

Will post more pics once all the work has been completed and he has had a good wash and polish! 8)

Had a busy weekend so far fitting all these goodies!

6cBVx.jpg

UK14t.jpg

Cheeky oil change

TCMyg.jpg

p4I9k.jpg

New Rocker covers and gaskets to replace the leaky old ones

0H28m.jpg

Bit easier in the garage!

cuQjb.jpg

Got it all done without any issues - now just need to start scraping off all the old stonechip ready for some fresh underseal action!

Latest posts