Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news Stu. Glad you're finally on the road again.

Never seen an electrical hook up in the wheel well before. Makes sense to put it there.

Hi mate,

I would love to take the credit but it was Deano's idea - will work well especially as it is the opposite side to the awning so a neat solution!

Parcel arrived just as I got home from work -

Cheers is,sit

Cheeky new steering wheel and polished boss!

CZNov.jpg

HioKy.jpg

Hope its a simple fit!

Nearly ready for Ninove!

Managed to get the new steering wheel and boss fitted - hardest part was getting the old bakelite wheel off!

Was wedged pretty solid but with the suitable application of some WD40 and several mins hitting it with a hammer it released.

Am very pleased with quality of the new wheel and the nylock nuts are a top idea.

Just a good hoover, wash and polish and we are ready for Europe!

IbtdD.jpg

c48hq.jpg

x2Q5h.jpg

Wheel looks nice Stu. The rosewood matches the door cards well. Must feel nice in your hand.

All set, now there's a nice feeling I bet Stu!
Some nice little tweaks and add ons sorted there, nice work. Steering wheel looks great! :mrgreen:

Forgive my ignorance but what is it with women and big 4x4's nowadays? is it a power status thing? or a necessity? like the new trend taking over from having a dog in the handbag? :lol:

women and 4x4's scare me!! :-?

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Foz - cheers for the compliments we are nearly there, unfortunately the 4x4 thing is purely down to us having 2 dogs, a rottie and a staffie so they need lots of space in the rear of the truck. Especially when we travel between Lincoln, Norfolk, Horsham and Liverpool frequently with the beasts onboard.

She happened to find the disco suitable and who am I to argue - it keeps her quiet when steering wheels and assorted other shiny bits appear in the post for the bus, however the 19mpg can be amusing around town!

Check out the size of the trucks boot!

CIMG3867_zpsea69a75c.jpg

Another little jobbie completed today - was getting a little concerned with the engine lid being unsecure. :shock:

Never been able to lock it due to just having a push button release! :cry:

I managed to obtain another similar lock, stripped out the internals and fitted them to my old lock :idea:

Voila - a locking engine lid! Feel much safer leaving it parked up now! 8)

As I know you peeps are a bit partial to pics here are some! :D

Dining room this eve! :lol:

DpKVL.jpg

D6y5A.jpg

Now lockable!

wqg1G.jpg

I could do with one of these lockable thingy majigs!! :-|

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Been a busy weekend sorting out small jobs and getting Murphy ready for his first European outing!

Cheeky wash and polish, some wheel cleaning and protecting, soted a broken roof bar out and have checked and inflated the tyres.

Ahh all ready for the 6am start on Fri morning!

Some pics from this weekends fun

FOUep.jpg

9N2lt.jpg

JbGIZ.jpg

D7iSm.jpg

m9sxi.jpg

FXK3I.jpg

iQlxU.jpg

eE2WG.jpg

K1v2X.jpg

wkDRe.jpg

4PEh6.jpg

XSb52.jpg

IydVS.jpg

14rDL.jpg

mHlob.jpg

zqAXp.jpg

POGt2.jpg

Thats all folks - see you in Belgium!

8) 8)

Mark6455 said:
Looking good stu
Have a great ninove experience 8)

Many thanks for the kind words fellas - cheers mark, glad you got your oil leak sorted

Really looking forward to the Ninove trip!

Ninove will be awesome mate , look forward to seeing you and Murphy there !! 8) 8)

Irishpete said:
Looking nice as ever! I'll have to make it to one of the Lincoln meets some day soon!

Cheers Pete, I can't wait to get another good look at your bus now the interior is sorted!
Looks bloody amazing if your pics do it even 20% justice

Latest posts