stupid things non vw fans have said to you

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubscum

Reaction score
i was in a beer garden in summer with my older sisters and there husbans, a friend of there's was on about camper vans, one of my sister said oh have you seen ash's ? he has a really nice old camper etc. the man turned to me and said oh right one with a split in the windscreen ? i said no an early bay, he said not a real one then, then turned to his mrs to explain how mine wasn't a proper one :? fool

at dubfreeze last year looking over a super slammed early panel, i said to my brother in law, i'm going to buy an early and slam it like that, he said why would you do that you'll never get on camp sites .......... he owns a t25 :p

waiting in a shop today with a work college, i was flicking through vw camper and saw guy's (slamwerks) old rat and said he slammed my bus,. his is a bit lower then mine :( he said having a casmper that low will just cause problems :roll: NO IT DON'T :D

wish i had a tenner for everyone whos said some one has nicked the engine when bonnet open on beetle,mind you can always say got spare in boot :shock: also hitler designed those :lol:

The best has gotta be "it'll look nice when it's finished" :lol:

TBH, I'm pleased most don't 'get' it :mrgreen:

Dubscum, you keep on your 'slamming' quest :D

One of my mates said" yeah one of the boys is on about getting the same kind of thing you've got......Winnebago I think he said is the version he wants"!!!!!

"Are you going to lacquer it,when its finished" :roll:
And one of the neighbours said "I've come to the conclusion,by the time you've finished it petrol will have dryed up" :lol:

The best one i had was earlier in the year, when an old skinner and his wife walked up next to the van and looked at the bra on the front and said........

"look dear, material on the bonnet, whatever next!" :lol: :lol:

Nearly pissed meself and couldnt breath through laughing for a good hour :lol:

My favourite is if my bus comes up in conversation and you explain.....

'It's a US import - 1969, never painted or welded......'

thoughtful pause -

'Oh Dear' is the usual reply..... :roll:

Was working on the van last yer when an anoying neighbour walked up to me and said. 'I've got a mate who's got one of these for sale, to which i replied i've got more than enough work to do on this one cheers. He said 'Na it's a really nice one he only wants a couple of grand for it..... 'What year is it then, same as this it's exactly the same a .......... 76 i think it is!

Says it all really.!

neighbour came running up to me and said "I THINK YOUR SUSPENSION HAS COLLAPSED" all flustered.......

davebug said:
neighbour came running up to me and said "I THINK YOUR SUSPENSION HAS COLLAPSED" all flustered.......

:lol: ive had that a few times :lol:

"oh you have a camper wow" (now anticipating a long and exciting conversation about all things aircooled), "i had a camper years ago, is it petrol or diesel" ......ummm what what camper did you have :?: , i replied " Renault traffic".......................................... :shock:

I've had people try and wave me off the motorway trying to tell me i have flat front tyres ;)

alex4057 said:
I've had people try and wave me off the motorway trying to tell me i have flat front tyres ;)

Has that a few times myself Alex!

We did a car boot sale last year and a lady commented about how some people lower their campervans, but mine wasn't lowered, I'd obviously just parked it in in a pothole! :lol: