Sunroof Question?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkpuss

Reaction score
Hey guys,

im slowly getting to grips with fitting my sliding sunroof on my 69.

Have a couple of questions. the first being the drain vavles in all four corners of the sunroof, they are missing and wondered if theres an alternative then buying them as they are £25 plus :shock:

also the rubber that goes round the sunroof, ive seen this for £100, thats crazy money,is there also an alternative or do folks not bother with this

Cheers peeps

some of the bits like seals and stuff can be quite pricey, but personally id rather pay out 200 notes now and get it right than have water collecting or leaking in and causing issues later on. minimise the rust traps and the van will last long enough to make that money seem like nothing.

cant say about the sunroof bits, but thats just my two penneth on the subject, after spending 3 years cutting out brown crusty bits of van.

Hi there
You have got 6 drains in the roof 4 around the opening and 2 down the back leading into the air vents..
They are only bits of plastic pipe that lead into what would of been metal ones. I have replaced the metal pipes with hose because they have rotted away.

roofdone001.jpg

Latest posts