Svda solex 30 pict3 or 31pict3

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_azza

Reaction score
Hi i got a 1600 sp
With a svda dizzy running a h30/31 i have read these carbs arent good for these distributors
I have a 30 pict3
And a 31pict3
What carb would be better suited? Cheers

Not true. He has a single port which came with a 30 PICT 2 (depending on which year). The 34 PICT were only on the dual port engines.

The original Solex 31 PICT was used on the 1300 beetle engines and did use an SVDA so that combo should work ok but I haven't tried it.

The best would be an original Bosch SVSA (vacuum only) distributor (with the larger vacuum can) and a 30 PICT 2 (not sure about the 30 PICT 3 off the top of my head).

The power jet incidentally is a brass bolt on the right side of the carb. Without this the engine will run lean (hot)

Ok great i do have the original dizzy but the vacuum can is mullered
I also have access to a 34pict 3 carb thats got a homemade adapter that will fit my inlet would this possibly be the better option to go for than the 31/30 pict carb options i have? Thanks forbypur replies

I'd get yourself a working distributor 1st then use the 34 carb, check your valves and static timing then for best results take it to a rolling road

I have a new svda with electronic ignition
Will the 34 work well with a svda?

lil_azza said:
I have a new svda with electronic ignition
Will the 34 work well with a svda?

That's what mine had from stock (apart from the electronic), just a case of setting it up correctly

Ok great
The actual van runs great cant fault it
Its just the carb i have apperently will not pull enough vacuum
Mines seriously alot slower than friends busses of the same engine
Valves. Timing etc is all set great

An engine is after all a pump, the better it flows the more power you'll get, bigger carb, bigger exhaust, bigger fuel consumption.....

Made the adapter cheers forbypur help hopfully it will be better than the h30/31 cheers dude 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Latest posts