the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's defo going to happy ash had this done for a laugh at busfest
ha5yqumu.jpg

Paul sneak air ride on while she's not looking then you can roll low with the boys

baz1875 said:
It's defo going to happy ash had this done for a laugh at busfest
ha5yqumu.jpg

Paul sneak air ride on while she's not looking then you can roll low with the boys
that's cool!. On about the colour of the bus. I was 20 minutes of rattle canning it matt brown, once :msn4:

Thought I better update the thread a little for 2013.

I had the BRM'S powder coated satin black
7e9eme6y.jpg

Give the drums a clean up
e2y2aduj.jpg

Then back on for the stealth look :msn4:
7egu3e7e.jpg
muqe8e5y.jpg

Added a discreet sun pro tacho for that understated look :)
qutetapy.jpg

ujetetuz.jpg

Got a lot of plans for this year lets see which ones come off..

Forward to ninove

Need to raise cash quick so thought I'd follow the buses name and go pimpin

u4yzuse8.jpg

Subtlety is not my strong point

The beards no were near that now :( gutted.

Keep your eyes pealed for some up dates soon including an engine rebuild and interior bits..

Found some interesting mods in the inside the engine ?? Would that have anything to do with you ash.... ha ha

baz1875 said:
The beards no were near that now :( gutted.

Keep your eyes pealed for some up dates soon including an engine rebuild and interior bits..

Found some interesting mods in the inside the engine ?? Would that have anything to do with you ash.... ha ha
Haha I would image so, what you found dude?

Some crazy shim action in the case hiding some serious end float ill get the photo's up soon... I was laughing as the lad building my engine said it had gone to the top of his "worst he'd ever seen" list ...he reckoned more engineering went into the Bodge than doing it right :) all sweet now tho got a good case cheap and it's getting a new cam along with some other shiney bits

Hahaha, not guilty. The dude I bought it off was a lad, parts of the interior were burnt from welding because he couldn't be arsed to take them out, he also cut through the loom by mistake so he twisted the wires back together then PVC taped them, I found out when the loom melted and filled the bus with smoke on the way to a show (has a new loom now) there was something wedged in the carb and the passenger window was propped up with a bit of wood lol. I arranged to buy it but had to wait a month (he used it daily as a builders van) because it was out of MOT, but it was cheap as chips, I thought I had found all the bodges but obviously not

Oh mate the mechanics face as he was showing me was priceless he said and I quote " you need to find this bloke and make sure he never builds another engine ever".. I'm glad I found it now tho once it's done ill have a fully reconditioned motor with 75% new parts for well under half the price of a new one.. Plus the lad building it knows what he's doing.. Next to mine in his work shop is his own turbo'd beetle engine it's unreal..

eve2u5e4.jpg

if only I could squeeze it in the bus

Great work Baz, panels look 8)
For a second I thought that was your engine coz I couldn't read the txt on my phone! :shock:

How easy is it to install the gauges ( wiring)
Mind you I think between stuf and yourself we should be ok! :D
Would like oil pressure & temp for piece of mind.
Keep at it mate... I lost motivation with the weather and all. :oops:

myvanway 69 said:
Great work Baz, panels look 8)
For a second I thought that was your engine coz I couldn't read the txt on my phone! :shock:

How easy is it to install the gauges ( wiring)
Mind you I think between stuf and yourself we should be ok! :D
Would like oil pressure & temp for piece of mind.
Keep at it mate... I lost motivation with the weather and all. :oops:

I haven't fitted them yet hopefully I will get down to the bus this week and have a go so ill keep you posted

Latest posts