"The Keeper" 1970 Sacramento Westfalia Pop Top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ib-bus said:
It was nice to meet you at Battlesbridge, thanks again for all your help, I am back in the states getting ready for the next project, it sucks to hear about your gearbox hope you get it sorted soon as show season is on, cheers man.

thanks Juan, hope you enjoyed your stay, its 21 degrees and sunny here today, nice day to be out for a drive

my sisters currently in Vegas with her husband and son, i really need another holiday now :lol:

Been a busy week

Front end was sitting a little too high, so had a play with the adjusters

before

P1020641.jpg

after

P1020649.jpg

P1020650.jpg

Plus engine and box are now out, box off for a rebuild next week

P1020651.jpg

Splashed some more paint underneath

P1020648.jpg

P1020644.jpg

still bored :lol:

took the firewall off to check the tank and fuel lines, all looks brand new under there

P1020671.jpg

then sound proofed the rear of the firewall

P1020672.jpg

Well recon gearbox is back from bears, drives nice, 3000rpm at 60mph

fronts a little too low, bit of rubbing, but drives pretty good

steering box has more notches than jordans bed tho, even with those elusive shims added ( any recommendations for recons )

few pics

P1020725.jpg

P1020729.jpg

got my breather located on the firewall now, both rocker covers are vented,and oil filler

P1020730.jpg

the money shot

P1020728.jpg

This bus just gets better!

Very interested in the box-rebuild costs (and other work required... New starter? Mod for input shaft?) as I also have a 2L box to mate up with my 1776 (eventually!). Can you pm me?

This is a great thread :D 8)
too many people think its simple to get a bus looking right, this proves the effort it takes(and money!) well done it looks awsome. ;)

looking good mate 8)

can i ask what you did with this old panel?

P1020331.jpg

mine is missing and need one. :)

Had a very busy day, went to the rolling road for a quick tune up, had to raise the bloody rear to get it on :?

quick power run before i get the chokes changed in a week or 2, 66bhp@4000rpm, 69bhp@5000rpm

then an oil change, new remote filter and the daddy of jobs with twin carbs, new spark plugs :lol:

idles a lot better after the rolling road, all ready for volksfest sunday

slammedresto said:
not bored yet jon, loads of jobs done this weekend.

pumped the beam full of grease to help improve the annoying squeeks, adjusted the new throttle cable i fitted last week and adjusted the hand brake, as 1 side i could spin the wheels when it was jacked up

Took the waterdamaged rear hatch door panel off, sound proofed it and fitted new one i made.

P1020331.jpg

P1020332.jpg

painted and Fitted another steering box, and new drag link, f**cker of a job, had to cut the old one off, as the arm was solid, we then used a press the get the arm off. No more knocking, just a bit of fine tuning needed, old box available if anyone needs one for exchange

P1020340.jpg

P1020341.jpg

Leaky rocker cover, so fitted some shiney scat ones i picked up at volksworld

and final job of the day, 1 spline extra on the LH side to even out the rear, as it was an inch out (higher) that side

P1020343.jpg

P1020344.jpg

if only it was this low ;) , front was jacked up to do the steering box :lol:

P1020342.jpg

I LOVE that exhaust wheres it from dude?
:) :D :msn4:

Latest posts