"The Keeper" 1970 Sacramento Westfalia Pop Top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cyberdyne systems said:
Gary it was good to meet you and your family at the show and have a look at your van.

Any chance you can put some pictures up of the poptop hole cover that you showed me, it was well cool!

Gareth

no worries, will try to get some when im home in daylight ;)

dude don't know if you still want the rear bulb holder, if you do either pm me your address or you can pick it up next time you're over this way.

61 stu said:
dude don't know if you still want the rear bulb holder, if you do either pm me your address or you can pick it up next time you're over this way.

cool, will pop in next time im in woodham stu

after by fanbelt came off along with the pulley, due to the billet ally nut crossthreading, ive finally got round to painting the horrible gold alternator pulley/fan

P1020330.jpg

not bored yet jon, loads of jobs done this weekend.

pumped the beam full of grease to help improve the annoying squeeks, adjusted the new throttle cable i fitted last week and adjusted the hand brake, as 1 side i could spin the wheels when it was jacked up

Took the waterdamaged rear hatch door panel off, sound proofed it and fitted new one i made.

P1020331.jpg

P1020332.jpg

painted and Fitted another steering box, and new drag link, f**cker of a job, had to cut the old one off, as the arm was solid, we then used a press the get the arm off. No more knocking, just a bit of fine tuning needed, old box available if anyone needs one for exchange

P1020340.jpg

P1020341.jpg

Leaky rocker cover, so fitted some shiney scat ones i picked up at volksworld

and final job of the day, 1 spline extra on the LH side to even out the rear, as it was an inch out (higher) that side

P1020343.jpg

P1020344.jpg

if only it was this low ;) , front was jacked up to do the steering box :lol:

P1020342.jpg

Hey man,

Did you go for spax adjustables in the end??? I think I remember you saying at Volksworld you did but not sure. I am dropping my bus so was looking for some decent shocks. What are your thoughts and where did you get them from if any?

Cheers Fraggle 8)

1 or 2 outers from memory i forget now, probably 1

was a bit uneven, so i took the LH side down an extra spline yesterday ( about 1 1/2 inches) then back up a touch with the adjustable springplates.

slammedresto said:
1 or 2 outers from memory i forget now, probably 1

was a bit uneven, so i took the LH side down an extra spline yesterday ( about 1 1/2 inches) then back up a touch with the adjustable springplates.

Cool cheers. I'm going 2 splines for now 8)

few bits done last night, fitted a oil pressure switch, with a t piece, so my dummy light works again

then decided to mount up my old lcd dvd telly 8)

P1020426.jpg

P1020425.jpg

And a pic from the Bang :mrgreen:

P1020408.jpg

Well my external oil cooler is finally on, pics once ive tidied it up a bit, dropped my running temps by about 15 degrees which is cool ( no pun intended )

Also fitted a t piece, so i could fit my pressure switch and oil pressure sender, although my oil pressure gauge read zero permanently , so its either a faulty sender or wiring :roll:

And finally, thanks to Uber Cool, my new EB forum sticker :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P1020487.jpg

P1020476.jpg

Hi mate , Where did you get your bus underside rustproofed and stone chipped? Did you do it your self mate if so what make rustproofer did you use mate?

Thanks

Chris

chrisritchie said:
Hi mate , Where did you get your bus underside rustproofed and stone chipped? Did you do it your self mate if so what make rustproofer did you use mate?

Thanks

Chris

I had a local painter do it, not sure what rust proofer, but normal stonechip over the top, an then the chassis rails waxoiled

Another job done

remounted the oil cooler the opposite side of the chassis rails, and a little higher

next job is engine and gearbox out, gearbox is stuck in 4th, so the forks could be nackered, will be off to Bears for a rebuild i think, shame as the weathers glorious and i cant use it :evil:

need to adjust me stearing box and sort out my oil pressure sender to when i get 5 mins

P1020612.jpg

P1020613.jpg

It was nice to meet you at Battlesbridge, thanks again for all your help, I am back in the states getting ready for the next project, it sucks to hear about your gearbox hope you get it sorted soon as show season is on, cheers man.

Latest posts