"The Keeper" 1970 Sacramento Westfalia Pop Top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
faux said:
Looking good Gary, good OG paint always makes me smile. :) Add some shiny new parts I just can't fault it. 8)

If you want to order rear shocks you can jack the back up to where you want it to sit and measure. This is due to the fact you will be dialing your rear to the max anyway, and without notching the rear chassis rails you are limited. You will see what I mean if you lift the rear up and look at your A arms and Drive shaft. There is only a couple of inches of movement (max) when you use the spax adjustables. You will also need to cut two thirds of your bump stops off and will only have 1cm ish of space between bump stop and plate. When you replace the shock with the spax or other lowered shock you will need to remove the lower shock bolt to get the wheels on and off.

As for the front, if you have 2 and a half inch dropped spindles I would set the adjusters to the maximum height and then move 1 to 2 teeth down. This should give you a drop that brings your tyres up into the arches. On mine I have 3 and a half inch spindles and it is set at maximum height.

Hope to see the bus in the flesh soon.

Jon

hi jon, we did that with the rear, but SSP said 16.5 inches didnt sound right!!!!!!! So gonna wait till we get it on the ground.
Already cut 2/3rds off the rear bump stop, and we jacked the rear wheel up, as u can see in the pic i posted, drive staft was 2 or so inches from the chassis.

front wise, weve set the adjusters at about half, will be low, so will adjust it once its down and we can see where we are

need a new fuse box now, as we discovered the old ones is snapped in half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wondered where the electric gremlin was :roll:

some interior bits arrived, buddy seat and stool fitted up with new vinyl, and also my new curtains

will have pics of the full interior re-fitted next week

S5001130.jpg

S5001131.jpg

looks good, who reupholstered them?

did they just match the fabric material? or did you buy a kit?

the vinyl is a set i bought from thesamba, OG colour.

the check material for the curtains and cusions i bought from a remenants place.

Then had the covers fitted and curtains made by a local upholsterer, nice guy, does good work too.

Still working hard I see, the mids in the kick panels look good 8)

I have just been admiring Clydes interior, but the OG one is great too, all nice and fresh.

VW Action dealines is fast approaching, and were off on hols on the 23rd August for a week...........

So today, I had a full day, with my mate Paul, the leccy, 10am till 8.30 pm solid, no breaks (gave up the fags 3 weeks ago)

Jobs done today

Tacho Fitted
Cd MP3 player in glove box
Mids and tweets in kick panel
6x9s in rear overhead shelf
12" sub and amp in buddy seat
OG VW radio left in place
240v and Zig ubit wired in
Consumer unit wired in
2 x cig sockets
double 240v socket
Fire extinguisher fitted
5 new wolfsberg west Seat belts fitted
Bumper remover for painting
Fitted buddy seat
hung curtains
Pop top painted (done last week)

Image041.jpg

Image042.jpg

Image053.jpg

Image051.jpg

Image055.jpg

Image054.jpg

Jobs to do Before Friday

Fit leisure battery
wire up sub and amp
Fit oil temp.pressure and volts gauges
bleed brakes
fit new rear shocks
level bus
fit window scrapers
polish
MOT
apply for UK reg

Jobs to do b4 Action.............maybe

fit 1914 and 2ltr gear box :wink:

Nothing like a deadline to get things moving. :shock:

Looking really tidy, interior is spot on. 8)

Can't wait to see it on the ground.

Looking good!!!

Hope your turned pro-plus turned up today also. :shock: :D sounds like your going to need them :wink:

Right, we are back on the ground :mrgreen:

My1970westy-1.jpg

awaiting rear shocks to arrive, and then MOT tommorow 8)

a final machine polish and then its back home i hope, bumpers will be painted next week whilst im oh holiday

a few electrical things to finish off inc eberspacher and leisure battery, window scrapers and of course the 1914 and box 1914 may have to be after action........boo), then were ready for action.......as long as i can get to the DVLA and get my reg back in time :roll:

Latest posts