"The Keeper" 1970 Sacramento Westfalia Pop Top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aogrady said:
slammedresto said:
any suggestion on what to replace the tar board with?????

Hi!

What about roll on bituemin type stuff, or silver coated bubble wrap stuff, like you get from camping shops? - Or that stick on sound proofing stuff, dynamat?

Alistair

was thinking of using dynamat under whatever i replace the tar board with, but not sure what to use. Wood wise it would need to be able to cope with the heat and moisture, so kinda unsure

doesn't it have to be some kind of fire proof material?

sweet looking engine btw 8)

6mm supalux, is a fire and moisture restiant board, pretty sure. Available from a good timber or builders merchants. Fix with self tappers or drywalls (or maybe panel adhesive), paint it matt black. Sorted

matt-me said:
6mm supalux, is a fire and moisture restiant board, pretty sure. Available from a good timber or builders merchants. Fix with self tappers or drywalls (or maybe panel adhesive), paint it matt black. Sorted

cheers bud, bit of dynamat underneath and were away i think

Did my first real journey in the bus tonight 8)

130 mile round trip to a local (splitterz sister meet) meet in Cambridge :mrgreen:

After getting used to doing 65/70 on the motorway in the dark with huge lorries up my arse it was fun coming home. 70 all the way, overtaking slow lorries with ease.They even flashed me to let me back in :mrgreen:

Im now sitting on the sofa with some toast and a big grin on my face

Ohhh and the eberspacher was also toasty coming home :mrgreen:

Had another run out today, filled her up too, worked out my MPG to be 17 at the mo

Good clean and polished the wheels up.

Here some pics i took whilst i was out and about, my co-driver ( aged 17 months ) loves his dads ride :mrgreen:

P1000068.jpg

P1000082.jpg

P1000079.jpg

P1000080.jpg

slammedresto said:
Here some pics i took whilst i was out and about, my co-driver ( aged 17 months ) loves his dads ride :mrgreen:
I know this feeling, my usual co-driver is 3 & 1/2 and its very rare i'm allowed out on my own these days :)

froggy said:
slammedresto said:
I know this feeling, my usual co-driver is 3 & 1/2 and its very rare i'm allowed out on my own these days :)

Its strange, as he cant talk yet, apart from the odd word, so whenever we get home in the daily he points and grunts at the camper...........every time without fail :mrgreen:

Looking good... I love the stance 8)

My 5 yr old loves sitting up front too, so the wife ends up in the back :roll:

faux said:
Looking good Gary, nice to see it out and about and being enjoyed.

cheers bud, just aiming to get my 500 miles done on the new engine plodding round locally, then i can get it tuned up :mrgreen: and ready for the shows and camping trips :mrgreen:

slammedresto said:
any suggestion on what to replace the tar board with?????

Mines a 72 model and has perforated metal panels holding the insulation up.may be you could
get hold of some and use the original sound proofing.

like this
DSC00407.jpg

Solved my tarboard problem.

Used dynamat on the roof of the engine bay,and then some board painted up black, neatened up the engine bay no end.

Then put some more dynamat under the westy bed, and used some removable soundproofing under the rear cusion.

P1000063-1.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010006.jpg

Last of all tidied up nipper ride, and put a new plate on it for him :mrgreen:

P1010015.jpg

P1010014.jpg

My new deluxe grab handles arrived today, as one was missing the chrome bit, and the other was broken.

Need some deluxe chrome door handle surrounds, if anyone has a pair

P1010066.jpg

and also got some NOS plate frames for my new registration number, being modelled by my son Brandon, hes loves shiney bits :mrgreen: Just waiting on my new number plates to arrive now

P1010069.jpg

i put your rear light unit in the back of the van today otherwise i'll forget, you must remind me though when we meet at Thurrock as i'll have forgotten by then :roll: :)

Latest posts