"The Keeper" 1970 Sacramento Westfalia Pop Top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Major Update

Ive been for a drive tonight :mrgreen:

Replaced the dodgey starter motor with a spanking new one, and a big new battery of a 5 series BMW :wink:

Thanks to Rich Morena at "Kustom Engine Shop" http://www.morena.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tinware and bits bolted back in

S5001678.jpg

Pic for Faux

S5001680.jpg

And the one ive been waiting for

And a bonus one for fun

what sort of noise does the heater make?

i was thinking of switching from propex to a webasto or eber. diesel as its easier to carry fuel. i was a bit worried about the difference in dB, im a light sleeper :)

slammedresto said:
its not that quiet, but warms up quick, and you can set the timer for when u want it on, will try to get a video at the weekend

could it be fitted in the engine bay ?? looks nice and small.

actual heaters quiet enought, fuel pumps a bit noisy, but will move that to the outside/chassis at some point

exhaust is noisy, but quiets down if you use the SS silencer, whuch i have

from the outside when running it reminds me of a 737 idling :mrgreen: not so noisy inside :wink: The heater sure confuses the neighbours when i leave it running.........lol

cyberdyne systems said:
Fantastic build there.

Wondered how much narrowed your beam is and what offset are those wheels?

Gareth

Hi Gareth, sorry for the late reply, its a 4" narrowed beam, wheels are flat 4 sprints, not sure on the offset

Few updates..............nothing major, too bloody cold the past few weeks

Jobs to do over the next weeks or so, sort out the rear ride height ( 1 side is too high ), Plumbs breather pipework in, New starter battery, Correctly measure shock heights for Gaz Shocks, top up gearbox oil

Drinks holder courtesy of Baydreamers

P1000061.jpg

Set of chrome window winders (need to find deluxe door handle surrounds now)

P1000059.jpg

Temp pipes on my breather till we get round to plumbing them to the rocker covers

P1000064.jpg

Stripped the droopy tar board from the engine bay

P1000063.jpg

slammedresto said:
any suggestion on what to replace the tar board with?????

Hi!

What about roll on bituemin type stuff, or silver coated bubble wrap stuff, like you get from camping shops? - Or that stick on sound proofing stuff, dynamat?

Alistair

Latest posts