The Restoration of Stanley.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Johnny

Thankyou for the compliment ,really appreciate it. i did think of putting the earlier style rear cross member on for easy engine access but then decided to redo it the way it left the factory, not sure why as you do have to lift the van high with the welded in cross member but i thought it would be stronger welded in, hopefully i wont be changing clutches too often!!!!! its got a brand new engine going back in. thanks again, more updates after the weekend hopefully.

Got both ends of chassis rails sorted now! going to give the engine bay a make over before welding the rear valance in and repairing the posts either side of the engine hatch.pics so far..............

Stanley016-1.jpg

Stanley017-1.jpg

Stanley023.jpg

Stanley019-1.jpg

Thought i'd better update, lots done but doesn't look it in pics! rear cross member now welded in, off side battery tray in , now i'm nearly ready to get off side corner in, this came with a J peice whicch i was thinking of welding in first then taking my corner up to it and butt welding? also going to butt weld along the top edge? is that the best way? cheers, heres some pics

Stanley035-2.jpg

Stanley025-1.jpg

Stanley030-1.jpg

Stanley014-1.jpg

stanleyrearcorneretc011.jpg

stanleyrearcorneretc012.jpg

I've got to sort out this old accident damage that was hiding under filler later as well, i have a donor panel i can cut up and graft a bit in, hopefully!

Stanley009-1.jpg

Stanley011-1.jpg

and thats about as far as i've got, anytips on rear corner fitting most welcome! thanks Guys.

You're doing some great work there, enjoying watching the progress.

I see that it was a converted panel van, how did that louvred window fit? Was it just held in by a seal or had there been some work on the panel surrounding the window to make it fit?

I would like to fit a louvered window to my van, but have been told that it's not possible -as it started out as a panel van, so would be interested to see how it was done.

Keep up the good work!

ironage said:

Good work dude, I'm going to have to do the rear chasis legs to. I'm pressuming having the corners and rear valance off make it much easier to do?

Also do you mind me asking where you got this panel from?? didn't know it could be brought