The Route 66 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well what a day, towed the bus back to mine as the engine needs some tinkering. Need to fit a new gearbox, as ive virtually no 4th gear, its very winey in 4th.

Got the deluxe trim into the front and rear windows.
Fitted my under seat pedastal rubber mats
fitted madmatz cab floor mat
Fitted new ply floor
Fitted my creative rear bed, and adjusted it hight wise so its nearly level the the boot floor.
Trial fitted my tiles to see what they looked like
got my hubcaps on

Took the engine out ready for my engine guru to look at
Took ignition apart, needs a new cowel and ignition, as the old ones nackered

and...................................breath

now the pics

Double trouble

P1040128.jpg

P1040132.jpg

P1040131.jpg

Tidier cab

P1040137.jpg

Bed and buddy seat in place to see how they look

P1040134.jpg

Tiles trial fitted

P1040135.jpg

Another full day on the bus, a bit of fettling, ordered the parts i need to fix the sliding door, also sorted out new ignition parts so i can fix that too. And the biggest job, fit the madmatz floor, and fit my seats in. Also won a gearbox on the bay of e, so thats going in when we refit the engine.

P1040149.jpg

P1040150.jpg

slammedresto said:

Don't really like it, think you should rip that stuff out and start again. I'll help you out by picking up the benches for you, I won't charge you for taking them down the tip, you have all the bolts right?

;)

Des

this is my last deluxe resto ever, this bus has been a nightmare, someones gonna get a sorted bus when it goes

new gearbox
new engine
all new door/window rubbers
new tyres
all new brakes
blah blah blah

things keep breaking on these old buses, and ive pretty much replaced every major thing on it

will be registered and on the road by the end of the week for a potential new owner to drive away

Latest posts