The scratch and sniff 71 westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: , I knew I was supposed to collect something today

Only joking I'll give it to Tom tomorrow :mrgreen:

Fitted the exhaust today, just waiting for my j tubes that will be here tomorrow...
Before....

After...

It's definitely going to scrape

Defiantly!! This is the most slight ramp going into our workshop not even a inch high!

Does look good though

Ordered a complete seal kit and accelerator peddle, linkages etc today too!

Looking cool. That exhaust isn't going to last long though, eh! :lol:
If you've still got the stock back box and want to sell drop me a message ;)

Its going to end in tears....I can see it now! :cry:
Looking good and practicality are 2 totally different things, set miles apart and its hard to find that happy medium in both.
I think this just has the look good factor.....god help you on a ferry crossing dude :lol:

I know you do MOT's but dont think the short stinger will pass somehow :)

Foz said:
Its going to end in tears....I can see it now! :cry:
Looking good and practicality are 2 totally different things, set miles apart and its hard to find that happy medium in both.
I think this just has the look good factor.....god help you on a ferry crossing dude :lol:

I've got bad feelings about the exhaust already! Looks to good though!! Ferry crossing are the least of my worries if I can only just get into the workshop haha. Thanks though dude! Things are finally looking up :)

Graham L said:
I know you do MOT's but dont think the short stinger will pass somehow :)

Of course it will ;) why else do you think I'm a mot tester? ;) haha nah only kidding may have to change it when it's on the road with that clearance!

What's a better way to start the day then with a delivery from just kampers?

My seal kit will be here later today or tomorrow hopefully :)

Fitted my new j-tubes on my break!

All I can say if this exhaust is LOUD!!
How do I post videos? Anyone?

Ordered all things needed for prep to start again.... Hopefully for the final time!

The chap painting my van is popping over Saturday to finalise things everything and spoke to Austin this morning about trimming my seats dash etc soon :) all happening now

How much were the J tubes Myles?
I thought you were having exchangers? What changed your mind?
And were they easy to fit?

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Foz said:
How much were the J tubes Myles?
I thought you were having exchangers? What changed your mind?
And were they easy to fit?

They were £25 from jk, I got some to check clearance so not really sure what I'm doing. Still fancy swapping a set plus fitting them for you? Mine have been patched on the one and I'm a little unhappy with running it if I do! Easy enough to fit once you Aline it all!

Set the throttle peddle linkage up ready to go on once the repairs been done on the floor

My registration forms turned up today ready for april hopefully :)

Cleaned a few bits up on the sand blaster today. I dunno how I managed without one before these things are amazing!
Fuel cap came up a treat just needs a polish

So did the windscreen vents

Does anybody know of anywhere that does alternator wiring kits? Without the alternator Etc?

Lovely Bay you have, tons of potential! I feel your pain though with the shoddy paintwork :( hopefully it'll be looking perfect soon!

Love the build thread too, keep the posts coming :)

LaineyW said:
Lovely Bay you have, tons of potential! I feel your pain though with the shoddy paintwork :( hopefully it'll be looking perfect soon!

Thank you mate I'm glad people are enjoying it! :) plenty more updated in the near future ;)

mylesbaldwin said:
LaineyW said:

Thank you mate I'm glad people are enjoying it! :) plenty more updated in the near future ;)

awesome! looking forward to seeing the progress :)

More goodies just turned up :)

Complete seal kit

Popped over to Williams automobiles to see Austin to look at interior colours etc Monday night!

And good news on the van, finally getting started tomorrow so new deadline for registration and mot is end of April!! Hopefully won't be let down this time!! Oh and I had to take the bloody exhaust off to get it on the trailer! All fun and games!

mylesbaldwin said:
Oh and I had to take the bloody exhaust off to get it on the trailer! All fun and games!

:lol::lol::lol:

Cleaned a few more bits up yesterday including this...

Just love having this sandblasted!
Ready to fit to the sliding door!

Got the windows out to clean them up and get the seals on ready! Only to realise how bad the front windscreen actually was, I was hoping to use it for a little bit just so I could get it on the road but there's no point!

Such a shame really because I wanted to run these stickers still!

[

Going to attempt to heat them and peel then off but there more paper then a laminate!

Latest posts