The Scruff Bus - 71 Westy Recommissioning

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybeeonline

Reaction score
Having mostly been lurking, with the odd interspersed post, I have decided to post a thread on my recommissioning of my 71 Westy Campmobile.

At the moment, I have added a link to my Wordpress Blog, due to having difficlties in trying to convert to work directly here, BUT I will do so as soon as I figure it out :D

http://alfascozia.wordpress.com/

Thanks for looking and your encouragement is greatly appreciated. Please be gentle :oops:

J.

rallye dale said:
Did you get that from Southern kombi ??

Looks like your gouing to be busy ;)

I did and I am certain that I am :lol:

The welding that had to be done has been done now, so it's just a case of sourcing all the bits I need to piece it together and get it roadworthy. The underside is amazing and considering what I paid for it, it's way better than I expected.

Once I have MOT'd it and got it registered, it will be back to Steve Kay to get the rear corner sorted and a full respray, before fitting a refurbished Campmobile interior - Said like that makes it sound so simple.

J.

More pics from last weekends escapades at making it respectable:

Refitted the interior following the welding works, fitted all of the lights that were damaged or missing, put the floor coverings down and finally fitted the new windscreen with new rubber.

Fitted the replacement front pop top section but it will now have to come off as the timbers split and parted from the underside as I was manhandling it into position :evil:

I found the rear bumper and mountings so had a bash at trying them for size, but I may need to seek a better one as this one is a tad ratty to say the least.

The gearbox was put into position to see how I could fit it and found that I didn’t have the front mount. Hours later on The Samba, I managed to find a gearbox bracket and a rubber mount though it was VERY expensive seeing as you cannot buy them new – Aaargh!!

New wiring looms ordered from Volksgood though :mrgreen:

Anyhow, I am away to enjoy the long weekend, so have fun and don’t overdo it.

J.

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

We now have an engine - Bargain :D

1974 1600 TP (AD code) which had new inlet rubbers on it after it was removed from the donor vehicle. The engine came with the clutch and every thing else on the engine exhaust 009 dizzy alternator carb air filter and was running beautifully prior to removal. :D :D :D

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

engine3.jpg

J.