This is my 69 LHD on 17" BRM`s

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipey

Reaction score
New to the site so I thought I would upload a few pics of my bus as she sits tonight, outside the house under a cover ! Got to get her stored a little better. She has no engine and as you can just see the rear bumper has been removed and every bit of chrome has been oiled trying to stop the dreaded rust.
My recent visit to VW action and this site should see the old girl back on the road come the finer weather next year or maybe even sooner. Let me know what you think.
n748956522_899614_7955.jpg

n748956522_899616_8545.jpg

n748956522_899617_8818.jpg

n748956522_899618_9131.jpg

n748956522_899622_544.jpg

new door required, she had an acident when coming off the trailer ! can`t blame my mate too much ! lol
n748956522_899619_9488.jpg

So I went to a lot of bother removing the reversing lights, now they seem to be desirable ? not the best pic though.
n748956522_899621_38.jpg

can anyone help by telling me what the origional spec was ?
n748956522_899620_9762.jpg

hi Pipey,

welcome to EB, another nice bus, and those wheels look fookin huge! :shock: 8)

Well I would love to think this is the only one of its kind with these rims ?
So I,can`t tell you were they are from lol. :lol:
They came from a friend who had them fitted to there squareback but they decided against them after a few weeks so I snapped them up in 2004 ish. Obviously they are designed for the new beetle but they were origionaly sourced through Type 3 detecetives.
Not an easy fit given the stud pattern differences, which had to be welded machined etc so I, am going to remove the camper interior and stick with a rock and roll bed to ensure they do not get overloaded in the future.
Harsh old ride as there is no give in the tyres ! :roll:

hello bud, think iv seen your camper before, its is awesome by the way, did it used to reside in a barn in suffolk right outside a certain mr ratt's home?!

Yeah that’s me, she was over there for far too long but hey it was dry and fairly well preserved.
I fell out with her for a while but we are starting to patch up the holes in our relationship now lol.

Hey Pipey, how's tricks mate, not seen you since, erm, Whistler! :lol:

Bus is looking mighty fine as usual,
Ollie
8)

Nice van and i'm lovin the 17's! I would love some of them but don't think i'd get em under the arches! Also notice the de-lux door hardware 8)

nice one olly, give us your engine ! lol

The old girl appears to have a lot of delux stuff, but I cannot confirm that it was one origionally.
Would the codes confirm it or not ?

Hard to tell because you replaced pretty much everything didn't you Andrew?

Yeah it's got delux door hardware, but there's no waistline trim and no delux window trim. Still looks the bollocks as usual though!

Fraid that engine is going in the oval mate, if I ever get round to buying some sensible heads for it!

You coming to Southwold on Saturday night?

8)

8) van, Lovin the brm's was gonna go with these on my van but could'nt get adapter to go from 5x100 to 5x130.

Lovin' the BRMS and the chocolate colour. i'm another one that was gonna try the 17" approach but your comments have put me off. So i'll carry on dreaming of the Flat4 Fuchs instead, one day they will be mine

Nice bus chap and welcome 8) id like them wheels fo me notch :wink:

Latest posts