Tim's Toil...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim

Reaction score
Hi,

As a new member I thought I would post a few piccys.
I had a nice bus served us good it did....
So why did I do this???

Old Bus below.
cherry2.jpg

Wife and number one son...oh van too :lol:
cherry1.jpg

looks okay, don't it?
now look at these...why oh why..
krug1.jpg

krug2.jpg

krug3.jpg

krug4.jpg

krug5.jpg

Poor old thing started out a bit of wreck.
Things have moved on a bit, lots of welding, new arches, bulge panel, all that stuff.
Still lots to do.
I'll post some more pics are things progress, even a few of my latest haul of goodies :lol: doors, hatches etc...

:lol: Let the games commence 8) :lol:

Nice one chap, welcome to the forum and get them progress pics up! any help needed give us a shout! 8)

Tim - 'ello and get them pics up so we can all have a nose :lol:

What happened to the old bus then :?:

gninnam said:
Tim - 'ello and get them pics up so we can all have a nose :lol:

What happened to the old bus then :?:

I, along with many others, got made redundant some time ago and the cherry bus had to go :cry: it was the last thing we had....about three weeks later I started a new job...we cried when they took her.. :cry:

Soon as I could i purchased the other old thang...she will be nice one day...just waiting for funds and spare time, same as everyone else :lol:
plus I work away in Greenwich during the weekdays.

But things are starting to move the right way.. :D 8) :D

Hi Tim, :D
Bus has loads of potential mate and I'm sure she'll be be just as loved as your cherry bus once was. As we all know, the skinned knuckles, welding burns, scrapes, cuts and swear words uttered all disappear the first time you let the hand brake off and pull out onto the road for your first drive out.

Good luck and keep us up to date on how she's coming on :D :D

yeah good luck mate and may you love her more than the cherry bus keep us informed with your progress

:lol:

I have to laugh...after Rose had a spell of Ebay action the other day we ended up becoming the owners of Devon Moonraker interior...nearly complete..It needs a bit of a refurb but mostly ok.

The kicker is I live in Wiltshire and the interior lived in Bo'ness. Road Trip... :shock:

So the long and the short of it was I was up for 39 hours straight (had to go to work for the day first :cry: then drive from London back home), Clocked over a 1000 miles, used a lot of diesel in a borrowed Berlingo, bought an interior....ended up Pooped...then got up early Sunday for the VW cruise along Weston Supermare. 8) Busy little weekend :lol:

I love my wife... :? :wink:

Been a while since I've been on.

VW foibles on many levels...

So far this year..

The Good....bought a 65 beetle for resto, got her pulled apart ready for loads of welding...
Got all the doors etc ready for my 72 bay.. :lol:

The Bad, working away for the last year and a half has left be no time to crack on with fixing my toys up.... :cry:

The Ugly...Some one creased my van down the side...someone else stuck their tow ball into the corner of my van by the battery...and another 'person' snapped my wing mirror off :cry:
No one left a note, they all just ran off back under their individual rocks ...
Thanks to you people..
At least my wife owned up to bending a right angle in my rear bumper by catching on the gate post!!! :lol:

Hope you're all having a great soggy summer.. 8)

tim, that first bus is Chianti red, just like mine, I have a devon interior as well 8)

I have another donor interior to go in to hide some water damage. Id love to see the pics of yours when finished

No problems,

I have loads to do, suspect it will take ages :lol:
Got a complete spare interior too...going to use the best pieces of the two.
The thing is I like the my rock and roll, but should I go back to the original?? :?

Well, IMHO, i would keep the rock and roll tbh.

Thats the worst thing about Devons is the awkwardness of the bed set up but at least it gives two options of a high and low level bed.

agreed, the R&R is just soo nice and easy. Ideal for Santa Pod stop overs :lol: Plus I have my 12" sub and amp under mine :roll:

Well finally taught my self to weld properly, after much practise on random steel objects I felt I could finally sort my doors out.

It went suprisingly well and the end result was good, only thing is I didn't take any pictures.. :cry: sorry..

BUT..took some time of work to get the van ready for a spot of paint, after three days rubbing down and getting things pretty even I finally got to mask up!

That took the best part of a day to get correct, but with any luck it should be worth it.

I etched the exposed metal then hit whole van with two litres of BarCoat.. :lol: hooorah first paint install went well.

Yesterday I got the P88 out and went crazy with the High Build. Pretty pleased with that, had a bit flattening this morning before the Titanweiss (VW 93Z)top colour. Got through two litres!.. :lol:

Attached a few pics for your viewing pleasure.

Tommorow I am going to start the Malaga (VW 30C)red, quite excited about that. The only worry I have is I will have only left the white paint 24 hours before putting masking tape on it :shock: Anyone got any thoughts on that??

This van was never supposed to be anything other than our fun bus, thats why it has taken so long. We were just too busy using it.

Strangly enough Rose spotted another early bay (71) and promptly purchased it..." it needs some welding" said she..." you can do that now" she grinned..." then just paint it"... :lol: easy as that! LOL!!

(Then there's the 65 beetle to do...just heater channels apparently...ooh and a few other bit!!)

#GRINS#

T
paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint3.jpg

paint4.jpg

Looks good, careful with that masking tape though, you don't want to peel all that shiny new paint off for the sake of leaving it a week!

Give us a shout if you ever want a hand, I'm just down the road in Bradford on Avon. Limited welding ability and technical know how but happy to get involved in anything that saves me from the DIY :lol:

Tim said:
Red paint going on today. well it's on actually.. :lol:

Pics?

I too have been known to pass the BoA rowing club, usually on the way to the Lock Inn for a hangover breakfast :wink: :lol:

Latest posts