Tintop Tracky westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm afraid I did have to raise it up a tad :oops: The new height is growing on me though and the ride is even smoother now. It may go back down a little when i get a decent tucked up exhaust sorted.

ng1svl.jpg

910781.jpg

ncz3ma.jpg

o6e4qt.jpg

Still looks BAD ASS mate , Good location for pictures , Any chance of pictures of your headliner as I am now putting one in my Panel van . Cheers Graeme ;)

Yeah got two of them , Do you have any spares then , if you do i am interested mate 8)

haha, no spares i'm afraid......... well, not full width for tintops anyway. I might have got a couple of the short bits (about 8"?) that go at the side of the hole on pop tops. Not sure if they are still in the garage or if they went in the last clearout!

Busy weekend - a few general servicing jobs and.....

Made and fitted mk2 of the 'westy' rear seatbelt bracket (see detailed seatbelt thread http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6944&p=150979#p150979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
2nv5xqf.jpg

and shortened the ridiculously long dipstick sender
oj4gut.jpg

I don't particularly like the westy sink units, IMO they just take up to much room and block the doorway too much..... So

Start with a spare side from a battered wardrobe and a table top....Measure, measure again, then measure once more...
wl1x1u.jpg

Take a deep breath and start cutting it into pieces :shock:
2lvfhc8.jpg

Start fastening them together.....
122btat.jpg

Bit more cut and shut, and trial fitting in the bus....
nc1q1h.jpg

Top and 'flap' made from table top and bottom door fitted. Brew shelf gets first use :lol: Also allows easy access to sliding door handle.
1zx6dl.jpg

Thanks to shiney Steve for the joinery skills. I'm well pleased with the result, just need to sort the trim, hinges and handles now and reckon it'll be spot on. We tried to make it look like something that could have been there as standard.....

Cheers, I only went ahead with it because the rest of the spare wardrobe was beyond all hope - absolutely mullered :shock: I wouldn't go chopping up good original furniture!!

Everything out - all nice and solid :D
2zrdm5l.jpg

New floor covering in and new unit now has correct edge trim :D
ete2h5.jpg

Tomorrows job is cutting and sealing new headlining and side panel boards.....

freebie :msn4: from work when they were redoing the corridors. Its the type that has carborundum particles in it to make it hard wearing and anti-slip.

Kool and the gang , I know the stuff you mean as i am a floor layer 8)

Latest posts