To fit it or not?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fit it or forget it

• Fit

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Forget

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

bertiethebus

Reaction score
This is also in my resto thread but I thought it might get some comments here :mrgreen:
Gauging your thoughts on whether or not to cut my Tintop Westy and fit this bad boy 8)
I'm 6' 5" so wouldn't be able to stand up in it anyway but I'm really torn!!

I love the look of a high-top and the extra storage space they give you is great if you have a big family. The down side is it wouldn't fit it a normal garage.....

I'd leave it but then I'm not a great fan of the look of these roofs.

It would help with your height (man mountain :lol: )

But only good one ive ever seen was this

tumblr_nxi85vvx3R1qf2thio1_500.jpg

0de283663092eacadab6ca898b39232d.jpg

rest remind me of this
being-sick.gif

Wendekreisen_hightop_2_berth.jpg

Your bus, your rules.

But, for me, I would prefer to leave the tintop as is, and use the hardtop on another bus which already has the opening.

The problem is Gav and I have a friend who has a high top and it does look good. Also Gav is one of those people who does not need to stretch to reach the top shelves in super markets. :lol: :lol:
Robert. :) :)

The extra space is worth it, I'm 6'3" and can just stand up in my adventurewagen without gouging big holes in the top of my head from the roof light knob.
High top your looking at is the same as the one in the hayburner mag I think.

My thoughts....fit it

Aesthetically I prefer the look of tin tops.
But if you are going camping, a pop top or high top will give you much more room and much better ventilation to keep the bus cool for sleeping. Way more practical. So if you want a camper, stick it on!

Go on then, fit it. You can then spend the next few hours filling it up with whatever :p I like them and it`ll give you something to do won`t it ? ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If it ain`t `normal` I like it :mrgreen:

I'd fit it :msn4:

Always fancied one myself. All that room for camping plus being able to stand up will be well handy. Ah just saw that you may not be able to stand up in it, oh well still handy for all that extra room.

Lower the floor ? :lol:

Sounds a lot of work, not only the tin but the ply headliner etc.

Any structural integrity impact ?

gninnam said:
Your bus, your rules.

But, for me, I would prefer to leave the tintop as is, and use the hardtop on another bus which already has the opening.

This ^^^ tintops are the best kind of buses :D

Latest posts