to lower or not to lower

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatie2468

Reaction score
to get my standard ride height elevating roof camper (crossover 71 bay) into my garage I either have to raise the height of my garage door or lower my van by about 2.5 inches. I'm inclined towards the latter and would want to fit dropped spindles any advice on which are good and which are not so good would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Tatie2468 said:
to get my standard ride height elevating roof camper (crossover 71 bay) into my garage I either have to raise the height of my garage door or lower my van by about 2.5 inches. I'm inclined towards the latter and would want to fit dropped spindles any advice on which are good and which are not so good would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
However you lower your van, the ride is never going to be as good as stock, alter the garage

I think the French slammer ones would be best for you as flipped spindles require expensive coilovers, add on some lower profile tyres(required with any lowering) and the bill is heading towards the better part of £1000, then you need to take care of the rear.

As the accident outside Busfest this year demonstrated, lowering a bus takes away any protection from frontal impact. You put your legs and those of your passenger right in the firing line. Stock height buses have a strong impact zone at the same height as modern cars so the car crumples absorbing the impact. Lowering the bus means that the sheet of tin above the bumper takes the hit - the bus crumples with dire consequences for anyone sitting in the front. Nobody ever talks about this - fashion rules OK?

How about letting most of the air out of the tyres and pump them up when you use it,£70 for a compressor?.It depends of course how often you use the van.

Latest posts