torsion arm bushes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oslo_mark69

Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get bushing for my front beam re-build . I want to make a custom one so looking for an alternative to needle bearings.

Wagenswest in the US sell urethane bushes
http://www.wagenswest.com/partstore/index.php/bus-front-suspension/1968-79-new-beam-bushings-for-2-5-inch-120-wall-tubing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Must be somewhere over here that can machine what you want though?

You could try Polybush in Wrexham. Them may be able to help or know someone who can help.

Steer well clear of Urethane or poly bushes they are the wrong material for this component.

You can't get better than a needle roller bearing for this application.

Rexer said:
Delrin? thats what is fitted by slamwerks

Delrin, the trade name for Acetal. This is the stuff to use for bearings. Good in link pin beams but in BJ beams needle rollers are the way to go. Both slamwerks ball joint beam and the creative weedeater ball joint beam use needle rollers.

Oslo_mark69 said:
does anyone know where i can get bushing for my front beam re-build . I want to make a custom one so looking for an alternative to needle bearings.

coolair sell them for about £50 - maybe look under the splitty section cos the splitty ones they sell are actuall bay ones ;-)

Latest posts