Tried out Flashing Light and Siren: It Works!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpine Burt

Reaction score
Got the the Blue Flashing Light out of its box and fitted it to the van today. Think my ears are still ringing from the siren though :lol:

100_8367_zps807812f3.jpg

100_8370_zpsf1334ddc.jpg

100_8366_zps4dd8aab7.jpg

100_8365_zpse1a69b0a.jpg

100_8371_zps189911ff.jpg

100_8372_zps67b875e8.jpg

Ta for all the comments. Will try to sort out a video on my camera. Not too sure how to post it. Would i be able to upload it via Photobucket?

Cheers

Tom

what a cool looking van, what are all the little attachment bits for near the headlights, and the small vents in front of the half moons. Im intrigued. Also is it chequer plate on the roof.

Loving it

Will look into putting a video up, cheers for that. The attachment on the top left is what i would think is a holder for a search light on a long pole. Out of shot it would've sat in the bumper on the bottom, and the pole would've clamped in place in two places. The item next to it is a power socket to operate the spotlight. The top one unscrews and screws on the bottom one as a holder. There a 24 volt alternator on top of the 12v dinamo, presumably to power electrical equipment. Unfortunately i dont have the light, but have seen similar vehicles in a Swiss Military Museum. The Small Vents in front of the half moons are to vent the back area, possibly when there were army staff in the back. It is part of M Code 510, on the M Plate. There is Chequer plate on the Roof, this i would think would have been to operate the Radio Aerial/ Radar Scanner it had.The Hole where this fitted is about 6'' diameter, now capped off. Where the front Badge would have been looks like a regiment plate, bottom right i think is a convoy light. Its done 43000 Kilometers from new, approx 30000 miles from new. 17000 miles were in the care of the Swiss Army. It spent most of its time in storage in later years.
The Van is an Ex Swiss Military Radio Van. Not 100% as to the Blue Flashing Light and Sirens. This is to the best of my knowledge, anyone who knows anymore drop me a PM ;)

Hope to get to some events this year

Tom

Latest posts