Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leon i really love that look, the red bands are RED. nice job ant, the new red paint looks much richer/deeper red. 8)

Johnny said:
leon i really love that look, the red bands are RED. nice job ant, the new red paint looks much richer/deeper red. 8)

Cheers johnny, the RED's soon to be white. The wife doesn't like them :roll: .Red and green and all that!

pics167-vi.jpg

pics137-vi.jpg

pics107-vi.jpg

195/50/15 front
195/65/15 rear

4" Narrowed Adjustable Beam (next to the last click)
Drop Spindles
Horseshoe plates ~ no splines in the rear.

Update. (for reference)

4" Red9 kit up front, 165/65s

2 spline rear, 205/70s

Wheels are Flat4 4.5" and 5.5" on 20mm adapters.

Picture062.jpg

38fdcf95.jpg

Some nice stances there doods! and good choices of tyre sizes 8) keep em coming people :mrgreen:

ok - i have a 72 crossover with stock wheels. Bus is lowered 4" at front and 2 at the back. I have a set of 5 wide stock wheels for pre 72 busses - i think they look good and had them sprayed at the same time as the bus. I am aware that I will need some adaptors fitted and need to know what size tyres I can get away with bearign in mind the adaptor issue.
The general idea is to be less doughnut size tyres and a bit wider.

All help appreciated.

kombiporsche said:
Front adjusters, two outer splines on the rear, 5,5 5*130 MWS gasburners repro wheels, 175/55/15 front, 195/65/15 rear...

0076792049.jpg

Do you run adaptors to get from wide 5 to porsche, if so what type?

Graham L said:
Just collected Patrick (see other threads)

Running creative adjusters with 165/65/15's on the front (I think) and 2 splines lower on the rear running 175/65/15's

L1000998.jpg

Do you run adaptors to get from wide 5 to porsche, if so what type?

Forgot to update me own thread!!! :roll: ;)

Here is mine as it stands.
Creative Weedeater on the front with adjustable creative shocks.
Shortened gas shocks on the rear with a 2 and a touch spline drop at the back
All rolling on 15 inch splitty wheels and 175 55 15 continentals on the front and 185 60 15 continentals on the back :mrgreen:

ClubMeet220609006.jpg

Spain09009.jpg

Spain09033.jpg

:mrgreen:

ghop99 said:
Whats that sticking out from behind the bumper?

It Looks like a James Bond gaget!

Its curb feelers dood ;)

Opps, sorry!
CB Performance front beam narrowed 4 inches with K&LP dropped spindles. Adjustable spring plates at the rear.
smart car tyres at the front, 165/60 R15 at the back.
adamski said:

Rubber bands ;) how are they in the wet?

Its not too bad, although I don't rag it on the road.
It drives a million times better than before with just a standard beam with adjuster.

Now that I have a new throttle linkage kit to replace the useless early bay one, it goes like the stink too.

Fitting a fully merged exhaust in a couple of weeks and line-loc too for hill starts.

adamski said:
Its not too bad, although I don't rag it on the road.
It drives a million times better than before with just a standard beam with adjuster.

Now that I have a new throttle linkage kit to replace the useless early bay one, it goes like the stink too.

Fitting a fully merged exhaust in a couple of weeks and line-loc too for hill starts.

The ride i bet is loads better i bet, just going for such tiny tyres scares me a tad :shock: Nearly forgot, did you convert it from a panel? ;)

easy said:
The ride i bet is loads better i bet, just going for such tiny tyres scares me a tad :shock: Nearly forgot, did you convert it from a panel? ;)
It was converted a while back by the person before the person I brought it off back in 2002. He did all the welding and painting on the body work, and did a great job!
Since I've had it, I've done the suspension (T2D) and engine, gearbox and motor, and interior.

Do any of you get tyre rubbing on the floor at the front, where the seat bases mount? There is so little clearance under there, now mines lowered its rubbed a few times there cause of pot holes and dips in the road etc, I have still got my orginal tyres so need to go lower profile, interested in what happens to everyone else?

Gareth

Since going lower i dont get any rubbidge, not even when throughing it into a roundabout under full load 8)

Latest posts