Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here is my work in progress!
IMG-20130507-00550.jpg

JK 4" narrowed ball joint front beam, with Transporterhaus dropped spindles, rear is one spline with Transporterhaus adjustable springplates. Quite a lot of trimming to do around the back end to get some travel back and haven't sorted shocks out yet, but happy with progress so far!
Wheels are SSP Fuchs, with 175/55 up front and 195/65 out back.

Andy.

4" narrowed air beam
165/50/15's - Front
185/65/15's - Rear (on adjustable spring plates)

ryqugega.jpg

4ypa5ehu.jpg

a7a3enaj.jpg

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

The stance of dreams, looking quality all 8)

sprintstar67 said:
Well, here is my work in progress!
IMG-20130507-00550.jpg

JK 4" narrowed ball joint front beam, with Transporterhaus dropped spindles, rear is one spline with Transporterhaus adjustable springplates. Quite a lot of trimming to do around the back end to get some travel back and haven't sorted shocks out yet, but happy with progress so far!
Wheels are SSP Fuchs, with 175/55 up front and 195/65 out back.

Andy.

That's looking real nice, and it will be even lower once all the bits are put back on :D

Around 3" drop on adjusters at the front and adjustable springplates rear. 15" split rims with 185/60/15 front and 195/70/15 rear

Not nearly as low as some, but perfect for me :D

Some very nice buses here.and some spot on stances.:)

Question
I'm saving for slamwerks dropped spindles for my 68 (I'm gonna drop it a spline or 2 at the back)
What would be a good tyre combo for this set up so that its low but my speedo reads reasonably accurately? :)

DubBGood2Me said:
StuF said:
john the horse said:
ajuze4uh.jpg

185s on the rear and slams50 on the front , was stock height before these tyres were fitted!!

Jth

Just did a little sex wee after seeing that pic :lol:

Me too!!!

Awesome stance 8)

can we get a little more detail on this build. is there a build thread somewhere?

Stock height and wanted to keep it that way, but i want it in my garage. With the up and over door off i'm still 3.5 inches tall up front :evil:

squareweave said:
What is the max drop you can get out of a ball joint beam before it rides horrible and kills the ball joints?

Depends entirely on whether you're fitting dropped spindles (and what brand/style of dropped spindles), and assuming you've not raised the beam at all, do you mean just using adjusters welded into the beam and nothing else?

Matty said:
squareweave said:
What is the max drop you can get out of a ball joint beam before it rides horrible and kills the ball joints?

Depends entirely on whether you're fitting dropped spindles (and what brand/style of dropped spindles), and assuming you've not raised the beam at all, do you mean just using adjusters welded into the beam and nothing else?

I guess my answer is yes and no. I am going to be running 2.5" dropped spindles and the beam is raised 1" for added drop and road clearance.

But what I really need to know how much adjustability there is just with the adjusters alone not including the raise and spindles.

I understand that it depends on where the adjusters are mounted in the beam, but what I am curious about is when do the ball joints start to bind up.

About 70-75 mm. Any more and the balljoint angle is too great.

Thanks bud, yeh he did. also a super nice guy.
He dropped one spline off rear and fitted one adjuster up front. It rides great not bouncy or crashy at all.
Would highly recommend them

Looks much better....but lower lower!! ;-)

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Latest posts