Uber Cool-68 Westy Cal import LHD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High is the new low for 2012, i'm starting a new crazy for 2012. :mrgreen:

MOT time prep required and satin blacked the rims. If it passes I'll be going to dubfreeze in it :mrgreen:

100_1785.jpg

100_1784.jpg

Done about 100 miles on the tyres now and suprisingly very little tyre noise. Thought it would be much worse. :shock: Probably drowned out by engine noise :lol:

100_1790.jpg

made this as well from an old vw manifold, can you guess what engine its for?

100_1787.jpg

love the new tyres and rims, just spotted the changes

ive got some 195/75/14 BF Goodridge AT on order for my 79 westy 8)

be interested to see the raised spindles

Looks good mate. I'm putting stock suspension back on mine for this season and was thinking about BFg at's in 195 75 14 as well thing is wont these actually be lower than std 185r14's????

r73 said:
Looks good mate. I'm putting stock suspension back on mine for this season and was thinking about BFg at's in 195 75 14 as well thing is wont these actually be lower than std 185r14's????

they work out about an inch higher according to my calculations, they are beefy tyres

slammedresto said:

Hi

Special order from the US? Never seen them in this size in the UK, i ended getting "normal" all season tyres in the end, really wanted chunky off road style ones.

Cheers,

Alistair

aogrady said:
slammedresto said:

Hi

Special order from the US? Never seen them in this size in the UK, i ended getting "normal" all season tyres in the end, really wanted chunky off road style ones.

Cheers,

Alistair

yup, special order, and tucked in a bus for me :), cant wait............lol

slammedresto said:
aogrady said:
slammedresto said:

Hi

Cheers,

Alistair

yup, special order, and tucked in a bus for me :), cant wait............lol

Thought so, dont suppose you ordered 2 sets at all? ;) :msn4:

Alistair

Spotted you on the M6 on the way back from dubfreeze today - looking great! The tyres certainly raise the bus a bit! :mrgreen:

I was riding shotgun in the low grey baja bug.

Saw you parked up today at dubfreeze and i managed to get a couple of sneaky pic's :D

Also heard you as you drove past me was that a porsche engine i heard burbling behind you?

Matty said:
Spotted you on the M6 on the way back from dubfreeze today - looking great! The tyres certainly raise the bus a bit! :mrgreen:

I was riding shotgun in the low grey baja bug.
Yeah saw you, loved the baja. If we'd have meet at the services would have made a good photo, a rasied bus and a lowered baja bug, that would have give folks something to talk about.

Mark6455 said:
Saw you parked up today at dubfreeze and i managed to get a couple of sneaky pic's :D

Also heard you as you drove past me was that a porsche engine i heard burbling behind you?
sadly not it's the 1641 but with the porsche exhaust on, so does sound nice and deep 8)

Had a good time at dubfreeze, run there and back good, ran really nice on these tyres, cruzied along at 65mph, however plagued with the phantom engine fault ive had for 2 years spluttering , popping and banging when warm, think it might be a cracked head.

Anyway had enough of it, so got home had my tea and by 22:30hrs the engine is out and the gearbox for good measure :lol:

photo to follow tomorrow.

going to clean up the gearbox which looks to be coated in tar! and paint the chassis whilst it's all out, then either fit the alfa or porsche engine. Alfa looking favourite at mo for cost reasons :|

uber cool said:
Anyway had enough of it, so got home had my tea and by 22:30hrs the engine is out and the gearbox for good measure :lol:

But you only just got it back together on the new rims?!? So how long before you have another engine in pieces just to see what the problem has been?! :| :lol:

Liking the high riding look. And just when ours has gone down a bit more too. all change is good :D

Geeze said:
uber cool said:

But you only just got it back together on the new rims?!? So how long before you have another engine in pieces just to see what the problem has been?! :| :lol:

Liking the high riding look. And just when ours has gone down a bit more too. all change is good :D
I know, how mad! just got 12 month MOT as well!

oh well, weather is crap so wont be going anywhere for a month or so.

But i've now got 3 engines and a gearbox to trip over on the garage floor!