Uber Cool - Bay 'Mini Me' trailer

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uber cool

Reaction score
Okay, its been a while in the making and had a few stops and starts. Maybe posting it on here will get my arse in gear to complete!
Started back in 2006 :shock: Had a great idea one christmas to make a trailer to fit all the kids gear in when going camping etc. So bought a 71 crossover camper, partly stripped, sold all the good bits so it owed me nothing.
Anway I'll let the photos do the talking.
baycampercutup004.jpg

its was worse than it looked, nice paint in 1" of filler!
baycampercutup001.jpg

baycampercutup002.jpg

baycampercutup005.jpg

trailer1.jpg

these where back in 2006, more pics to follow

nice, but you do realise now you have that lovely westy you gonna have to put some moon vents and small rear lights on it dont you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

okay few more photos to get nearly upto date.
I was going to just flat panel where I cut the bay in half, from the rear and side it looked okay, but from the front it looked pants. So decision made to graft the cut off front back on. As it happnes the front was completely shot and full of filler, so I had a new front panel lying around (like you do). So this went on and took quite a while to blend the roof cut lines.
DSCN3445.jpg

DSCN3446.jpg

DSCN3444.jpg

DSCN4090.jpg

cool - I've always wanted one of these. how about a mini caravan for the kids?
interested in the progress mate - keep the pics coming please!!

too right, cant have any of that going on :mrgreen:

Until the plates were welded on I was ashamed to open the garage, in case the low indicator police called round!

I,ve made 2 bench seats in the back, running front to rear. Can't see it in these photos , but they run across the top of the arches either side. I can lie down in it :mrgreen:

DSCN3909.jpg

DSCN3906.jpg

I did consider something along these lines for my son to kip in, but then realised that me and the dog would end up in it :roll:

The new camper got in the way. But should get back to it in a few weeks once I have the Red 9 kit fitted to the 68 Cal import.
Since it was going to be behind the crossover but now the 68, I've aquired some eb rear corners and rear lights, so need to graft these in.

Ok bit of any update. Back on track after a bit of a pause with the new van.
That is ,its now longer stuck down the side of the garage. However 2 months of Al Fresco has made it look quite bad ass, might run it like this?
Picture376.jpg

Picture380.jpg

Hello I love this trailer and soon will be doing the same to my old camper that has rotton bottom. any advise you could give me would be fantastic.

thanks