Under-dash parcel shelf - help required

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forresteti

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a pair of under-dash parcel shelves which have captive nuts attached to them. I dont have a fitting kit or any idea of how they attach to the van but should be able to fabricate something fairly easily.
Does anybody have any images of these fitted to their van or advice for how to fit them or where to purchase the required parts.

Any help would be great as I am in the final stages of a long restoration (I shall be posting photos very soon) and keen to get these finishing touches done.

Cheers, Steve

Could you put a picture up of what you have to give us a better idea?

21771ffb.jpg

Thanks for the picture, It's very helpful. Sorry, I cant upload any photographs at the moment. I have 2 black shelves very similar to yours but no fixing brackets. I can see the silver metal brackets in your picture (that I dont have) Could you tell me how they attach to the heater ducting and are they L brackets i.e do the shelves sit on them?

Also, what does the centre bracket attach to? (Is it the handbrake support?)

Thanks, Steve

The ones on the heater ducts are L brackets fixed with self tappers.

The centre one is an I type bracket that fixes with self tappers on either side of the handbrake mount.

these are the ones from bluebird

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

these come with this rubber fixing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360370559890?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3693.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D%2B360370559890%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are great photos too; really helpful. I shall be making something similar to both of them tomorrow.

Thanks very much, Steve

faux said:

The centre one is an I type bracket that fixes with self tappers on either side of the handbrake mount.

Time to bring an old topic up. I also want to fit a parcel shelf to my bus, but I'm a bit reluctant to drill the holes above the kick panel. What's the drawback of drilling there? Is there any chance of damaging something?

Has anyone tried a strong glue compound instead?

tiki171081 said:
faux said:

Time to bring an old topic up. I also want to fit a parcel shelf to my bus, but I'm a bit reluctant to drill the holes above the kick panel. What's the drawback of drilling there? Is there any chance of damaging something?

Has anyone tried a strong glue compound instead?

Just done this. Don't think it'll work with glue as the opposite side of the parcel shelf isn't connected to anything, so a light tap and it would just come away.
You're only drilling into the fresh air vent/handbrake support, so nothing to damage. It's a pig of a job though.

Latest posts