urgent reply needed please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yorkie77

Reaction score
We are trying to plan our first trip to Europe in our van and wondered if any experienced euro travellers could advise us on the Eurotunnel crossing. What would you book the van as? Car? Minibus? Camper? We have been on the official Eurotunnel site which is abit confusing.

Any help, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated. :D

I think this question gets asked once a month. Just book as a car. Put your height in. No problems.

Done the Eurostar crossing several times now and have always booked as a car - never had an issue

All booked up now.thx for all the reply's and tips.well the van will have done full circle when we get to Germany lol thx everyone :D being as she's a us import

Hi I have a microbus 8 seats and I regularly go as a mpv which it is in old sort of way and I booked the other day cost 304 return with trailer , the trailer cost the same as the bus ! So it would be 152 return otherwise ... If you have a stove fitted it will be classed as a camper which makes it more I believe be best to ask clem ( mike ) he's a regular too

Chris

If you're running on LPG I don't believe they let you on at all.... You're probably not, but good to put it out there just in case. Something about flammable gas settling in the tunnel making it into a huge bomb... Namby pamby nonsense, telling ya.

I always book as a car. They don't care there and unless it's a high top it'll be within the limits anyway.
I only ever have small gas cartridges anyway but gas bottles are ok, they'll just ask to see them disconnected and closed off.
LPG vehicles are a no no, I believe.

Make sure they chock you're bus though!

Latest posts