US carb

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricvw

Reaction score
on a 1500cc singel port if you want to remove the govener do you need to buy a spacer for the carb so it clears the altornator or do i need a new inlet manifold,and if so were could i get one cheers ric.

Hiya ric,

The problem here, of course, is that your carburetor/intake manifold set-up was never designed to run with an alternator. I'm guessing that you need to clearance the accelerator pump arm. Correct? I'm also guessing that you are running a 30PICT2 or a 30PICT1. I have heard of folks getting the clearance they need by grinding away a small part (the contact point between the carb and the alternator) of the alternator body, but without specifics I really can't tell if that would work in your case.

Just having a 1/2 inch spacer made to solve same problem. will pick up next week and report back. That said I was told (haven't checked) the spacer off an old mini manifold looks about right. Don't forget you would need longer threads on carb.

hows makeing the spacer for you and if it works can you get me one made cheers ric.

Thanks for that im only the other side of the trough of bolland can you let me know how you go with it.

Fitted spacer and now miss alternator. However had to remove it till I get a longer accelerator cable. Away rest of week chil 8) lin, so won't get done till next week.
Rickvw.... spacer cost a tenner.

Latest posts