US import registering,what do I need? N how?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubbedup67

Reaction score
I'm Sure this question has been asked many times but can anyone help me out with this

I've got
a valid mot certificate
The vehicles title
The form from the shippers stating tax and duty paid
The hm customs certificate
The v55 form

Do I need anything else?

Also how do I fill out the v55 form correctly,I've got the help booklet thing from the dvla but it isn't that helpful.

Cheers
Matt

You'll need insurance and a cheque for £55.

You don't have to complete 90% of the form but I can't remember what. There was a thread on here not so long ago with scans of what needed to be completed which was really useful when I did mine.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=35853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Make sure you scan or copy all of the documents before sending as it now has to go to swansea, DVLA will NOT return the US Title Doc or the letter from HMRC saying no duty is due, if its a fairly recent import with just a letter from HMRC make sure it has a NOVA number on it otherwise DVLA will bounce it, they sent letters out for about 6 weeks with no NOVA numbers on earlier this year (May/June time)

Graham L said:
Make sure you scan or copy all of the documents before sending as it now has to go to swansea, DVLA will NOT return the US Title Doc or the letter from HMRC saying no duty is due, if its a fairly recent import with just a letter from HMRC make sure it has a NOVA number on it otherwise DVLA will bounce it, they sent letters out for about 6 weeks with no NOVA numbers on earlier this year (May/June time)
i imported mine in 2011
will that effect it at all?

No it's only vehicles that have come in this year as you no longer get a c386 just a letter from hmrc,

Cheers guys.
N thanks a lot graham.:)
I don't have the engine number does that matter?
Or where can I find it?

Leave it blank if theres no engine number,

Latest posts