VANFEST....MUD MUD MUD!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynster

Reaction score
Gawd blimey just got home and theres mud everywhere !!!!!

had a great time though and real nice to meet lots of new peeps from here....ego as ever (top bloke, flynster says hello steven wraggen!!)
bro in law grazy ( he`s ok really!)
welsh bloke faux ( jon)with his cool bus, does`nt like to feel the cold though ...ya softie!
then there was graham l and his piss head boys!!! cool panel van matey...
andy was there too and his nice dogs that me boy loved..
pete b and his real early bus which he knocked at the front end ..ouch...thats gonna cost you dude and his son aaron bloody good cook if i say so ...
kev and ange ..real great guys..
also met gadget and ben ....they`re vans rock...
phil and anna who came up with us and they`re lovely bus..christ they can drink wine like no ones business..
big nick & zile hope i`ve spelt that right....got neck ache talking to him!!!cool bus ..

in fact there were loads of peeps and tons of busses too ...the weather was testing at times but true british grit got us through it as well as copious amounts of alcohol!!
will post pics when i get a chance ...finally thanks to clem who although i never spoke to him know he put a bit of effort into it cheers dude
roll on the breeze :mrgreen:

time to go and start scraping mud from orifices :roll: :roll: :roll:

ooro said:
welsh bloke faux ( jon) with his cool bus, does`nt like to feel the cold though ...ya softie!

:lol: Ooro - You were all jealous of the Propex.... :lol:

Really good to meet you all, made it a fantastic weekend and I couldn't have felt more welcome.

Spent far too much money but then I didn't have my wife with me to keep me in check :mrgreen:

Pics when I have the energy.

Great weekend certainly had my me and the kids, great to meet lots of the usual faces again (you know who you are) and some new ones AJC, Big Nick & Zila of course (how could we forget her :mrgreen: ), Pete B and his lad (aaron?) Marcher, Jon (Faux), Phil, Steve (flynster) etc etc.

Crap weather on the way there with rivers running down the roads and a swamp for a campsite, but looking at the rest of the camping we did really well (Clem can we have the same spot next year?)

Unusually didn't take many photos but heres some for starters

Queues in the rain on the way
L1010030.jpg

EB Camp Saturday Morning
L1010033.jpg

and more
L1010035.jpg

Grazy's tarp which was a godsend on Friday night together with his gas barby, got us all together in the rain
L1010036.jpg

Adam & Patrick
L1010040.jpg

People starting to leave
L1010042.jpg

Queues on the way into the show at 12.30 Sunday afternoon
L1010044.jpg

1776 pulling well on the way home
L1010051.jpg

Can't wait till next year but would be great with more EB'ers in the EB camping, lets try and get 30 buses in there next year :idea:

cool pix graham hope to see you down this way for our do in july or is it june :?:

Grazy,

Its amazing how many shows already have dates planned for next year (remember I'm a relative newbie to the scene), will have to start adding dates to a calendar for next year to see how many we can fit in.

Will deffo try and get to your new show though (work permitting). Rebecca's offer of the local pub sound good as well :mrgreen:

Graham - thanks for the 'in' to the dodgems on Saturday night - Hannah was getting most upset at never getting a car!
And also to say what a credit to you your lads are .... so friendly and polite. :)

Nce photos, i was going to pop up on sunday, but decided to wash the van instead!

what was it like on Sunday ?

Axlfoley, it was misty to start but generally grey so the ground didnt dry up any, but Sat was good apart from the sopping ground

I was in that queue on Sunday. Got there eventually, after an hour and a quarter in it!

I didn't get to meet any fellow Early Bayers unfortunately. I did look for you all, but I ran out of time. Next year I shall get there earlier and will make sure I know where you'll all be before I set off! :D

I could only go on the Sunday, van still not fixed. :( Some of the camping areas I saw. :shock: I'm not sure if that much mud and a three year old go together. :lol:

I went saturday, and the queue was enormous! I sat there for 2 hours just to be told the parking lot was too wet to park on, so i literally ditched my van at the side of the road and walked it..

hasthespaz said:
I went saturday, and the queue was enormous! I sat there for 2 hours just to be told the parking lot was too wet to park on, so i literally ditched my van at the side of the road and walked it..

I don't know why I said I went on Sunday. I meant Saturday, and yes, I was in that queue, but not for as long as you were. I got in, but I don't think many did behind me! :shock:

Great to meet everyone......Thanks from the dogs, Robey and Meg for the walks they got from the kids :D :D :D

We had a really ace time despite the weather on Friday and the mud for the rest of the weekend :D That was in no little measure due to the cool bunch of people we met throughout the weekend and especially to the EB crew, our Friday Saturday night partying and the general good humour/ thoughtfulness/ helpfulness throughout the weekend. So I say to all you EB campers out there take a bow your all a little bit fabulous. :wink:

Special thanks to Clem for organsing the whole thing, Same again next year please... but without the side order of mud. 8)

PS a message to any prospective newbie campers, don't join in if you cant take a joke!!!

We had the best weekend at Vanfest. We were lucky and got our 'camp' set up just before the rain came! Fantastic show as ever, now on a real downer :(

ooro said:
phil and anna who came up with us and they`re lovely bus..christ they can drink wine like no ones business..

Hey you, only just noticed that comment!!!!!!!!

I would object but it's all true :lol:

I second all of the above, a vantastically boss weekend, and great to meet lots of new people.

Start the count down and get in your diary for next year :mrgreen:

A big HI to stinky bum by the way :D

Latest posts