vintage sign write my bus?!? should I or shouldnt I?!?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not at all gra.... no worries .... every little helps!!!

i have actually knocked up a logo in the same style that looks slightly og signwriting.... but it has balck outlines... do you think the outlines should be included on the bus logo?!?

VintageThru.jpg

:?:

Sorry but think it either needs to be 'thru-a-loop photography' or 'thru-a-loop photographic services'
'Thru-a-loop photographic' just seems un-finished to me :? although do like the last design with the black outline
Also might be worth getting some business cards made up and leave them under your windscreen wipers at a few shows.

Looks better including the black outlines, but I do feel that the 'C' at the end has too much black in the outline making it stand out too much.
But looks really cool to me.

cheers froggy and resto.... i think the photographic services' is the way forward....
loving the black outline too but not looking forward to painting it!!!! :msn4:

Thru A Lupe
Sorry to read about your redundency :( . If the missus and i ever get married youl be the man for the pickies (But dont hold your breath on that :mrgreen: ).
Not a bad plan to set up on your own if theres a place in the market for you.
Good luck with the venture

Rich 8)

Sorry to hear of the job situation :?

Im thinking of some new signwriting for my Bus too, again, photography.

When i had the Bus written up advertising my Gym it was one of the most successful advertising things i did, well worth it. I'd go for vinyl if it were me, they were on there for about 2 years and the doors just needed mopping when i took them off, no lasting damage or ghostly letter outlines.

i like your designs, all id say is try to make them as clear as possible, good luck fella :)

cheers hoos and stu..... im gonna have a go with the black outline i think...again...not looking forward to painting it tho!!!

stu...so what sort of photographic work are you undertaking?!? would be interested in seeing some of your work..... :D

black pearl... cheers for the new logo... i love it!!! but unfortunatly a little flambouyant for me and would be a bitch to paint!!! but good work that man!!!

:mrgreen:

thru_a_lupe said:
cheers hoos and stu..... im gonna have a go with the black outline i think...again...not looking forward to painting it tho!!!

stu...so what sort of photographic work are you undertaking?!? would be interested in seeing some of your work..... :D

black pearl... cheers for the new logo... i love it!!! but unfortunatly a little flambouyant for me and would be a bitch to paint!!! but good work that man!!!

:mrgreen:

Last month i did the words and pics on the Ninove trip in Ultra, id like to get into feature car shoots if poss. Just bought a large format Canon printer so printing photos and canvases at the mo.

Had my first trade stall at Battlesbridge VW show that went well, going to be trading at Grill and Chill later in the year too. No website yet mate but ive got a page on facebook under STUC Design, always appreciate some constructive criticism though :)

61 stu said:
Just bought a large format Canon printer so printing photos and canvases at the mo.

mmmm....sounds interesting.... may be a chance for some business between us at some point?!? ;)

best of luck with it...like wise if you need any advice...just give us a shout...

okay... bit of a piccie update....

decided to go head long with this rather than umming and arrrring about it!!!

so finalised my design and then scaled it up and traced it out...

IMG_0505.jpg

then turned the trace back to front and carbonned the back for tranfer

IMG_0506.jpg

then slowly retraced the design on the side of the bus and by doing so the carbon on the back of the trace is transfered onto the bus (thaks for the tip prosign!!! ;) )

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

that took about 2 hrs per side.... not to mention the fair few hours to draw the design int he first place!!!
anyway...decided to crack on with some paint.... didnt get very far but gonna do a full day on it tomorrow....

IMG_0512.jpg

wish me luck.... :msn4:

thru_a_lupe said:
61 stu said:
Just bought a large format Canon printer so printing photos and canvases at the mo.

mmmm....sounds interesting.... may be a chance for some business between us at some point?!? ;)

best of luck with it...like wise if you need any advice...just give us a shout...

cheers mate, always open to a bit of business, have to say the print quality from RAW is awesome, essentially i can print A1 but i can print max of 600mm wide and up to 18ft length. :)

Nice work fella keep up the good work and pictures , will look sweet when done 8)

Latest posts