vintage signs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molbyj

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Went to a lacal car boot this morn and other than freezing my nuts off I found an old enamal esso blue parafin double sided sign. It was definitely old but not in the best of nick. I asked how much it was with which he replied '6 err 6 err £65' :shock: I gulped, put it down and walked on.

Anyone know much about these? I like these old signs but not at that price. Woukd look good in my garage though.

Ross

Been looking at some old enamel signs myself, mostly from the usa!, they seem to go for bucket loads over there!, what size was it? looking at 2ft x 4ft myself, not seen anything i like over there for less than $200!!

Its worth a punt mate , if you are willing barter with him £50 , i paid £25 for a Pratts Motor Oil sign , its single sided Enamel but its about 6' x 3'

Do it car/fuel related stuff will always sell on in my opinion

The cost mainly depend upon the quality and size of the sign.May be the quality of your signs is very good that's why its cost is very high.

Vintagesign103 said:
The cost mainly depend upon the quality and size of the sign.May be the quality of your signs is very good that's why its cost is very high.

Partially correct. The brand/product of what it is advertising also has a large bearing on value. Anything automotive tends to be the most sort after. Also any household big brands do well too.

Seems strange these days most vintage enamel signs are coming out of India. Makes you wonder whether they're real or fakes.

Latest posts