Vintagespeed bus shifter... how to fit shaft?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all.
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles , the first shifters were a one piece design for left and right hand drive , these were ok, the design was then altered to a threaded shaft with a lock nut so you can alter where you wanted the stick, we had a few of these snap and some come loose.
These were replaced, the new design is made in Titanium , I'm hoping they are improved somewhat, there is also a new one for early splits.
It doesn't help you guys who have had problems and I as a representative of Vintagespeeduk products believe they are good, and always try and resolve any issues , we will be trading at the volksworld show as usual , if you have any grievances pop along and meet us, I'm sure any problems can be resolved, please also bear in mind most people try and fit parts but have no mechanical experience so often blame the product rather than there lack of skills and knowledge on a Vw .
I also believe that feedback is the best way for any manufacturer to improve their products and I always pass this on as I'm also an avid Vw enthusiast and try and support you guys.
Thanks.
Dan.

Latest posts