waggon west lowering problem.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t2tom

Reaction score
just fitted waggon west drop spindles have an issue with rubbing on the arches when turning and speed bumps. wondering what advice peeps in the know can advise would coilovers be the way to go before fitting smaller tires or am i wasting money? and if not which to use transporterhause or gsf?
any advice much appreciated cheers

t2tom said:
just fitted waggon west drop spindles have an issue with rubbing on the arches when turning and speed bumps. wondering what advice peeps in the know can advise would coilovers be the way to go before fitting smaller tires or am i wasting money? and if not which to use transporterhause or gsf?
any advice much appreciated cheers

Never heard of arch rubbage when turning. I had WW spindles with Red9 coilovers lowering about 5" with no probs with standard 14" steels & 185/75 tyres. The spindles do widen the track 10mm each side but that shouldnt cause the issues your having......

Got some pics?

was a stock bus before putting the spindles on has lowered the bus by approx 2 1/2" im still running on standard shocks and nothing else has been adjusted.The camber may be out by 10mm which may be the cause of the rubbing.Don't know as i'm not an expert :roll: dont know if this pic is any help but sits a little lower when loaded 15 stone alone in the drivers seat :mrgreen:
any advice would be much appreciated
IMAG0285.jpg

Photo0125.jpg
cant get this pic to blow up but im in the front in this pic.
heres how she stood before the spindles
ABCD0003-3.jpg

Personally i dont think coilovers will help, just make your ride stiffer. Tyres are the way to go, either narrower or a lower profile. if you go for low pros the ride will be harsher, you will get a gap between the arch and tyre, which kind of defeats the point of lowering, and they will lower your bus further. Narrower tyres are the traditional way around tyre/arch clearance, but this means stretching them on the rim, not ideal tho plenty do and i have done. this will also lower your bus more, and give a gap on the arch tho probably not as much as a low pro. Narrowed beam would stop the rubbing. Basically buses weren't designed to run low, so there will always be a compromise somewhere.

Cheers for the advice Neil am happy with the way the bus sits now, but if turning at any speed the bus wallow makes the wheels catch. that's why I thaught the coilovers would stiffen it up to compensate will go for the narrower tires first see how it goes.
Cheers bud.

Latest posts