Wahooooo!! We've done it again...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cotswoldiver said:
I baught some front over the arch cab mats and the centre fixed bulk head one from cotswoldiver off here and i can only say i am super chuffed with them and he gave them me for a super price aswell so a big thanks to him.

Great to see this bus coming together and I like the fact you have used the front badge, Good home for the mats. Glad I didn't cut them to make them fit RHD :lol:

:shock: I'm glad you didn't cut them either, they look super cool. I don't suppose you have the full length rubber that sits at the bottom of the bulkhead in the back do you? or do you know anyone who may have one? I know its a long shot for this one but i havn't got many pieces of the jigsaw to collect now :D

Its been a while since I updated on here because I haven't really done that much over the winter what with snow and that shitty thing known as Christmas. Today I have fitted a few goodies that I collected and i have got to say i am over the moon with the bits.

There's nothing expensive or flash but they mean the world to me :D

Here's how the rear door looked before I added.............

Photo0090.jpg

The jail bars (I know a lot of people add these just for the look which I have to a little but these will be for more of a practical use in the protection of the rear window when we load the shit out of the bus in the coming season, I can't wait :D )

Photo0096.jpg

Not to forget the side windows to, before..........

Photo0091.jpg

Photo0089.jpg

After 8)

Photo0093.jpg

Photo0094.jpg

Also I have been missing the panel opposite the sliding door which made the rear interior look a bit neglected.

Photo0084.jpg

I managed to locate an original one in top notch condition from RCC Imports (there service is A1) This panel was an absolute ball ache to fit :evil: but I'm chuffed with the results.

Photo0087.jpg

The last thin on my list is some deluxe bits for the front doors (i know these are opposite sides but it just gives you an idea of what they were like before and after)

Photo0085.jpg

Photo0086.jpg

Tomorrow i am on way to Buxton to pick up a 3 bow roofrack so we can load the shit out of the bus some more :shock:

Thats about it for now, its not much I know but it feels like loads to me :D :D :D :D

Its good when these little tweaks give you the extra kick :mrgreen:

Looks very nice too ;)

Had a chance to do a little more work on the old girl, the front kick boards have seen better days so i decided to cut some new ones out of thicker hard board.

Old one gone.
100_2129.jpg

New one getting cut.
100_2126.jpg

New one fitted. :D
100_2128.jpg

Also cut new back boards at the same time.
100_2127.jpg

I did do the opposite side as well, these are now going off to dads place as he is a trimmer and he is going to cover them in black vinyl. :D I will post some pics when they are all done.

sorry i didnt get round to the templates for you, im in a squeeze to get the MOT work finished. when i get a spare moment i promise.

Its all coming together nice now, and the little bits to make it your own are looking sweet as.

i got me one of those please pass signs too, have you wired it to the switch that comes with it or just to a permanent live :lol: :lol:

Nugsy said:
Its all coming together nice now, and the little bits to make it your own are looking sweet as.

i got me one of those please pass signs too, have you wired it to the switch that comes with it or just to a permanent live :lol: :lol:

How you doing fella good to here from you, I've wired the please pass sign to the original rear heated window defrost switch which was in full working order for 2 reasons, 1 it kept the dash looking original and 2 there was minimal wiring work to do in terms of feeding the wire from front to rear :D

It works perfect and even the green light on the defrost switch still works so it lets me know if its on or not.

Are you going to the volksworld show is so we'll catch up and have a yak.

Cheers J

will be trying to get down there yep, get myself inspired for the coming year.

will have to search you out and have a proper look at the new bus, still got your number :D

Nugsy said:
will be trying to get down there yep, get myself inspired for the coming year.

will have to search you out and have a proper look at the new bus, still got your number :D

Yeah have a good nosey round it mate, give us a bell when your down there i'll have butchers at yours :D

Got a couple of hours on the bus today, so fitted the rear cards for the cargo area. They have just been recovered by my dad and they look great. :D

100_2143.jpg

100_2142.jpg

And thanks to squareweave i now a very rare bulkhead mat fitted :mrgreen:

100_2145.jpg

Going down tomorrow to do some more work on it to get it ready for Volksworld show can't wait :p

Here is the bulk head complete :D

100_2149.jpg

100_2150.jpg

100_2151.jpg

Also here are some shiny original hubcaps that cost me 5 lottery tickets from Radish on this site :lol:

100_2147.jpg

100_2146.jpg

The bulkhead looks absolutely lush dude 8)

Great job :mrgreen:

gninnam said:
The bulkhead looks absolutely lush dude 8)

Great job :mrgreen:

To be honest with you fella i'm starting to impress my self a bit i didn't think i would as only wanted to tidy it up a bit but its starting to look pretty good.

Latest posts