Wax oil question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazmania

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am at the stage where it is time to splatter waxoil into my cavities- ooh err. My question is; will this air tool successfully pass the stuff?

Cheers
Gaz

I totally agree that it would be useless on the sills and enclosed areas that require a multi-directional spray pattern, my hope was that the waxoil would actually go through the gun so I could use it to treat the cab doors and other open areas.

Cheers.

When you go to do it, water the waxoyl down with white spirit so it is REALLY REALLY thin. It will creep between panels better. Normally I use 25% waxoyl and 75% white spirit until it drips everywhere

If you are using a decent compressor and you get the wax nice and runny then that gun will do a good job. You'll put it up to a cavity hole and then blast it, and you'll see wax misting out of all the other holes in the box section or panel and you'll know you've coated the inside thoroughly.

It will work and give a fine mist BUT the waxoil must be thinned and warm because, if not, even with a powerful compressor it will block the nozzle ...... I know because Ive used the same sprayer (its really for spraying engine cleaner by the way)

Use Ankor Wax instead of Waxoyl and you can warm it up enough not to need white spirit :)

That's a paraffin degreasing gun .get a proper wax oil kit drill holes in enclosed sills and plug them .the kits have multi directional heads so the sills panels get covered .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A car restoration friend of mine said to heat the wax oil up until you can hardly touch it. Then spray it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts