Weber 34ICTs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybradshaw

Reaction score
Evenin' folks,

I'm on the verge of splashing some cash and buying a twin weber kit from across the pond. I was just wondering though whether I'll be able to hook up both my vac advance dizzy and the brake servo without any probs.

Has anybody out there fitted the CB kit?

Cheers

Ian

I think Easy has a CB kit.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=2122&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

^^^ as above read the thread dude, i personally think they rock. Just make sure you take the time to get em set up correctly as it will pay in the end :wink: 8)

billybradshaw said:
I'm on the verge of splashing some cash and buying a twin weber kit from across the pond

Likewise mate, with the exchange rate currently sitting at over 2 dollars to the pound it would be rude not to. The CB Performance fitting kit always gets a good write-up so that's what I'll be going for. There seems to be two types but I've been advised to get the one without the flat shiney chrome air cleaner covers - apparently access to the idle jets is easier with this type.

These are the best type

PhonePic011.jpg

carbs.jpg

8) :D

I got them too from CB performance. Its the dogs...made a massive difference. Once I find a rolling road in the north they will be tuned to the max. GET THEM THEY ARE ACE!

Cheers fellas, sounds like I'm heading down the right road then :D

From the other thread there don't seem to be any probs about hooking up the dizzy but what about the old vacuum hose f' servo? Do the manifolds from CB have the appropriate plumbing or will I need to sort summat myself? :?

Ta ra

Ian

Sorry to butt in, but can I ask where you guys are getting this carbs from and how much?

thanks

This might be a bit of a numpty question but do the carbs have chokes
like for when the engine is cold I mean. If not what happens when its's cold.
How do you stop the engine stalling at idle.

chubbub2005 said:
This might be a bit of a numpty question but do the carbs have chokes
like for when the engine is cold I mean. If not what happens when its's cold.
How do you stop the engine stalling at idle.

No they don't, just pump the throttle a few times before starting. The manifolds are so short the heat from the combustion chamber warms them up after a couple of miles.

Sorry about the hijack, but what are delivery times like from CB Performance as I need some bits for my baby dells.

I think I paid about £70 duty on mine - deliver was under a week. They are good dudes.

John Muir actually says to disable your automatic choke if you have one on a 30-34 PICT 1-3 :eek: , as it greatly shortens engine life.

I'm looking forward to getting a set of these, but i might hold out for a new engine as mine has a fair bit of play. Hope to get a CB turnkey.

Johnnyâ„¢ said:
John Muir actually says to disable your automatic choke if you have one on a 30-34 PICT 1-3 :eek: , as it greatly shortens engine life.

as much as i worship the great john muir you got to remeber he lived in california where no chokes aint a problem :wink:

re 34icts, go for it! they are awesome carbs and make such a difference to a bus :D

^^^^ agree with all the above. Ordered my carbs on the Thursday and got em on the monday! :shock: great service in my books 8)

As far as vacum advance etc they are all set up and ready for that type of dizzy, just mention it to them when ordering just in case. Tell em what they are for i.e. twin port and 1600 engine they will do the rest (correct jets etc) 8)

slammedkustom said:
as much as i worship the great john muir you got to remeber he lived in california where no chokes aint a problem :wink:

I drove through California on my Honeymoon did 3000+ miles in the summer. As you can guess, like a fool, i only brought summer clothes. San Fransicso is sooo cold its unreal, we were in Tahoe it was -3 and all the way down into Nevada along the Calafornia border. Some parts are 9000ft up it was freezing on a few occasions and and we did see a few buses. We both had to go buy some North Face gear to keep warm.

But i get your point around the beaches etc its gonna be warm. :D

billybradshaw said:
Er.....no ideas about the vacuum hose for the servo then? :)

If your new manifolds don't have anywhere to connect your vacuum hose you can easily tap one yourself or get a local engineering firm to do it for you - it shouldn't cost more than a tenner!

;)

Right cheers for that, er....do I need to hook up the vacuum hose to both of just one of the manifolds? Sorry for all the questions it's just that I'm kinda new to this stuff. :)

Ian

Latest posts