Weber 34ICTs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
speedwell68 said:
No they don't, just pump the throttle a few times before starting. The manifolds are so short the heat from the combustion chamber warms them up after a couple of miles.

Sorry about the hijack, but what are delivery times like from CB Performance as I need some bits for my baby dells.

Speedwell,

I would start thinking about buying in bulk for the FRD's because rumor has it that the bits for the baby dells are starting to dry up. CB has had them for years, but the rekindled popularity has made it tougher to find some of the items. I have a pair that I'm holding on to and made sure I have enough rebuild kits to last me as long as I'm around on this planet :wink: .

dropgates said:
Speedwell,

I would start thinking about buying in bulk for the FRD's because rumor has it that the bits for the baby dells are starting to dry up. CB has had them for years, but the rekindled popularity has made it tougher to find some of the items. I have a pair that I'm holding on to and made sure I have enough rebuild kits to last me as long as I'm around on this planet :wink: .

I've just got myself a gasket set and a new set of needle valves. The rest of the stuff on my carbs seem pretty good. But I was intending to get a pair of rebuild kits to stick on the shelf. Thanks for the tip. How often should they be overhauled?

Where's the best place to get rebuild kits from for FRD's then?
I've got some not yet fitted 34's and would hate the thought of them being buggered and then not being able to find spares....

Snakey said:
Where's the best place to get rebuild kits from for FRD's then?
I've got some not yet fitted 34's and would hate the thought of them being buggered and then not being able to find spares....

Eurocarb or CB Performance.

just to add my 2 p worth i got some from cb a few months ago worked out at £200 for carbs £70 for postage and £70 for import tax,and if i remember there were 2 outlets on each of the manifolds(4 in total) one connects to the other carb(to balance) and the others come with blanks to screw in if you dont need to use them,so the holes are allready there.hope this is of some use :D

JK list a 1600 dual weber 34 ict kit for £349.50 , is this any different to what you get from CB , as its only £9.50 dearer . :?

speedwell68 said:
dropgates said:
Speedwell,

I've just got myself a gasket set and a new set of needle valves. The rest of the stuff on my carbs seem pretty good. But I was intending to get a pair of rebuild kits to stick on the shelf. Thanks for the tip. How often should they be overhauled?

The FRD's that I'm holding onto were last overhauled about 8 years ago...I figure it could also be determined by how well you maintain them. A clean engine compartment always helps when it comes to grime build-up.
There is an ebay user with the name "alfa" something...I can't remember it right now. He seems to have a good amount of FRD and Dellorto parts for sale. Another is Paul Wilson on the samba..username uglyoffroader. He seems to have a line on some hard to get Dellorto stuff.
Any of you dual carb guys see any Truehaft dual port manifolds over there? Looking for a set for those since the FRD manifolds are somewhat hard to find and it's a pain to adapt Kadron manifolds.

chrisby said:
JK list a 1600 dual weber 34 ict kit for £349.50 , is this any different to what you get from CB , as its only £9.50 dearer . :?

Umm i think CB's is in dollars? it works aout £150 cheaper at current rates (bot including postage, import duty etc)

the CB carbs have a different linkage, i think.

So £200 for the kit and about £40-60 postage, works out arond £260 so its almost £90 cheaper with postage?

this was my thinking johnny but i got stung for £70 import tax on the doorstep

you do have to watch out for the import tax. But its still cheaper than from the UK and you get all cbperformance & weber stuff not empi copies 8)

Yup alot of the webers bought in the UK are empi (chinese made) copies from what ive read.

Just a bit of trivia :D , did you know that theres an epidemic of stolen man hole covers in china because the scrap metal industry cant keep up with China's demand for steel :lol:

true!

Johnnyâ„¢ said:
Yup alot of the webers bought in the UK are empi (chinese made) copies from what ive read.

Just a bit of trivia :D , did you know that theres an epidemic of stolen man hole covers in china because the scrap metal industry cant keep up with China's demand for steel :lol:

true!

Yeah, my mate lives in Beijing and it is a real problem. People will steal anything made out of ferrous metal.

Also, EMPI made Webers are really badly made a couple of mates have had problems with EMPI HPMX IDF copies.....

http://waitresses.servebeer.com:81/vwpage/hpmx/hpmx.htm

empi carbs are plop, go weber and cbperformance everytime 8)

Infact you could go as far to say that EMPI everything is plop. Unless it is old skool EMPI/Speedwell stuff from when the Vittone boys and Graham Hill were still in charge. Tell a lie, the brass fuel tee piece from EMPI weren't bad.

Yesterday I was browsing the CB Performance website and I also saw this kit. Does anyone have this kit? Because it is $100 cheaper than the Weber ICT's. I would like to know if it's any good to put on my single port engine.

Thanks! :D

Airtime said:
Yesterday I was browsing the CB Performance website and I also saw this kit. Does anyone have this kit? Because it is $100 cheaper than the Weber ICT's. I would like to know if it's any good to put on my single port engine.

Thanks! :D

I dont think CB would sell shitty gear. They pride themselves on their reputation. It looks like a bargain option instead of the webbers, but i'd still pay the extra £50 tbh

Latest posts