well.....It was good while it lasted!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all so much for your comments...as much as it hurts I know its the right decision for the family! Best wishes everyone! :grin:

Good luck fella ... Your making the right but very tough decision ... ........ You'll be back :msn4:

Chris

Feel for you fella :(

But (in the hope it adds a silver lining :D ), we had to do exactly the same thing a couple of years ago and sold our bus to fund the family home. There was a couple of tricky years busless and unable to camp without taking two cars (amazing how camping stuff expands to fit what you take it in :lol: ) before with some careful juggling managed to get a nice solid EB to get back out there.

So there is light at the end of the tunnel. And long run, the family house thing is definitely worth it 8)

Good luck to you Rob.

I have always read your posts with great interest as both vans were almost the same.

I'm sure there will be another early bay in your possession in the future. Dormobile hopefully!!!

Rob - 68 Dormobile in Lotus White!

Sorry, been away the last 5 weeks so I missed your post earlier.

That must have been a very hard decision to make after you took so much care over the high quality restoration you did. Cant have been easy.

I do understand though that priorities change and its true that the house you live in is likely to be more important.

I wish you all the best in getting the home you would like and I hope you will still be on the forum from time to time and keep us updated on how things go for you.

Like you say, maybe in a while you might get another bus. :)

thats a shame fella.
but rents dead money.
sure you~ll be back.
i did the same.
but got a early bay shell off ebay, a couple of years later.
and in a couple of years im hopin to be back on the road.
hope it work out for you.
all the best boody.

I've just been contemplating letting ur 71 dormobile go but I think I've found a way to keep it for now.It just means driving it more often.....not such a bad thing? Sorry to hear that you've had to let yours go but as you say Doris has gone to a good home.

priorities suck at times but sounded like the right thing to do - had a few close ones but thankfully managed to keep hold of mine

Where one sliding door closes, another opens I'm sure - next time around you'll know exactly what to look for after the journey doris went on - is the new place going to come with a garage for a project in the future?

I don't know u chap but I realise selling your bus must have been a hard decision !
This is a great forum hope you'll come back in a few years to show us your new bus ?

Latest posts