Went out to my soggy van this morning and.....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinky

Reaction score
All the newly covered panels that I fitted yesterday are soaking wet! I've spent the day under a tarp covered bus drying off the windows and silicon sealing them :( The worst area seems to be the rear hatch but not through the window but above it!!! how the hell do I seal that?!

Come back sunshine.....my bus can't cope with the rain! :cry:

get yourself one of these :D
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quictent-Arc-Heavy-Duty-Portable-Garage-Carport-Shelter-Car-Canopy-White-6x3m-/380380415867?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Structures_Fencing_CV&hash=item589070877b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

madness said:
get yourself one of these :D
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quictent-Arc-Heavy-Duty-Portable-Garage-Carport-Shelter-Car-Canopy-White-6x3m-/380380415867?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Structures_Fencing_CV&hash=item589070877b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: I've actually wrapped him up in a massive tarp and left him out there. Need to sort a garage to rent asap but if I'm camping in him I'm going to get W-E-T!

pinky said:
All the newly covered panels that I fitted yesterday are soaking wet! I've spent the day under a tarp covered bus drying off the windows and silicon sealing them :( The worst area seems to be the rear hatch but not through the window but above it!!! how the hell do I seal that?!

New seal/properly adjusted hatch Pinky. And the other leaks? New window seals. I'm guessing this is a US import with heat-shrunk seals? Don't worry you can sort it. In the short term you could seal the window seals with windscreen sealant.

pinky said:

Would one of theae help? Simple strip of magnetic vinyl
PA100069.jpg

I`ve got a few issues with mine as well, you can mostly see what`s going on when you is sleeping in it with no inner panel and where to plonk the drip trays and old paper cups and stuff while you is soggy and still half asleep :( I don`t have any door seal rubbers in mine at the moment :shock: :shock: (don`t ask :mrgreen: ) Mine seems to be leaking in several places :? On my head if I`m too close, all over my right sleeve and under the bed too :lol: Seems that it`s getting in because of no rubber and would also seem like it`s getting past the glass rubber seal as well, so new rubbers is the way to go. The under the bed one is most likely dripping off the tailgate and running in because the rubber ain`t holding the door out to where it should be. Good luck with it and try and stay away from silicone sealer if you can :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Feel your damp :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Latest posts