What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally managed to get my heated front screen working properly, following a botched install by the PO. Wired in 2 new fused relays, one per half screen, and all works sweet. Now just waiting for a timer relay to arrive (from Bulgaria!) to switch it off automatically after 10 mins as a precaution, which should just plug in series behind the switch....

A pair of fused 30's handle it fine, fed from a single 60A fused supply. Not completely certain of the rating of the Uroglas unit as it was already fitted when we bought the van, but estimate is somewhere between 40 -60 amps I think, probably towards the top end. The PO had wired it to a single 30A relay and melted away the in-line fuse holder, telling me the screen demist "wasn't very strong" at the sale!
The glass gets toasty warm now, but the wiring doesn't [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Got the engine out and on the stand in the garage.
Tomorrow I plan to get the fuel tank out and I plan to start cleaning the engine bay up.

Installed a light on the drivers side. Now I can reach a light from my side of the bed and also can use it for loading and unloading in the dark. :D

Tried my newly built beam and it fits lovely :) I then put it back down low and wedged the front wheels back under to see what it looks like :)

I'm hoping it should look like this pretty soon 8)

Well - finally got to the bus today - havnt had much free time since about october i think due to family commitments etc! So sun was out, got it uncovered, little bit damp under there so reversed the cover and hung in the sun to dry out! Then went for a start but turned over a little then stopped, battery flat - i did expect this being unused since end of oct. tho :oops:
Bunged the c-tek on, roof up and windows open then off to the park for a walk with the grankiddies 8)
Got back and fired the bus up, started second attempt (on gas) happy days - all ready to go again :mrgreen:
Might even try a run out next lol - surprising what a little sunshine does, roll on springtime 8)

bought a new cylinder head from gsf as they have a 33% discount and my engine spat a plug and thread saver out . Next job engine out and replace knackered head.

Fitted my Butty's bits throttle kit, fitted my newly re-covered seats and fitted my fiftysixdeluxe safety star. Tomorrow its fit my new aerial and put some new stickers on the old girl :D

I've been using mine for the daily commute over the last week & it's been bloody cold but more importantly, it's been reliable...
Unlike my modern motor, hence the reason for the bus being on work duties..... ;)

I got my seat belt retractors in the mail today so I replaced the broken plastic one with the metal ones.

They don't work as nicely as the plastic ones as far as they don't roll up as neatly. They do roll up good as far as the tension goes though. Time will tell how well they do.

Latest posts