What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the front interior was a little mis match - Purple dash & scuffed paint etc - we stripped the front out ready for a refurb. The rear has been done and is all very tidy, but for some reason the 'cockpit' was left out. To be fair, seeing all of the tidy interiors at Deva prompted us into it. Being parked so close to Doris is a real eye opener of how things should be done!!! (although on less of a budget).

This is as far as I got today, removing the dash/seats and hours spent removing layers of old/rough paint;

IMG_4702.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

Removing the dash has uncovered a leaking windscreen seal - brown streaks down the bulkhead letting us know we need to catch it before any serious rust sets in.

Drove back from our first camping trip in the bus. Went to Rutland, had a great time and even had two days when it didn't rain - normal service was resumed with heavy rain from six this morning. Lovin' the bus, really enjoyed camping, can't wait for summer to arrive...

I finally found a good spot to mount my AC (other words known as a fan, lol)!!

IMG_3862.jpg

Since the picture I have tied up those dangly wires! :D

I also installed and promptly removed a dip stick wiper offer thing! LOL I thought that this was a good spot, till I closed my deck lid. OOPS, deck lid keeper up thing goes down that area. Now I need to find some double stick foam tape and figure out another spot for it! LOL It did work great the one time I used it! LOL

IMG_3859.jpg

Drove it on a 45 round trip to my friends shop to pull the motor and trans out of a late model automatic squareback. I sure am glad I don`t have one of those....

Today, for the first time since June 2005, I drove my bus :D :D :D :D

Drove it around the block two or three times, brakes work, engine runs lovely (touch wood!) and it feels so nice :D

But also realised I need to change the g'box oil before I take it for an MOT! :roll:

Matty :mrgreen:

Didn't start it. :x

Flat battery. Not moved it in about 6 weeks, thought I'd put it back on the drive now I have finally got my daughters beetle on the road, then I can make a start on the camping interior. Instead, took both batteries out to give them a full charge in the garage.

Matty said:
Today, for the first time since June 2005, I drove my bus :D :D :D :D

Drove it around the block two or three times, brakes work, engine runs lovely (touch wood!) and it feels so nice :D

But also realised I need to change the g'box oil before I take it for an MOT! :roll:

Matty :mrgreen:

Nice one! :D

Washed and polished ready for The Bus Stopover Battle of the Bays tomorrow.

Need not have bothered as it has since been cancelled.

But oddly, I love polishing my bus. Am I the only one? :D

Delilahtoo said:
Washed and polished ready for The Bus Stopover Battle of the Bays tomorrow.

Need not have bothered as it has since been cancelled.

But oddly, I love polishing my bus. Am I the only one? :D

sorry dude it says on camper and bus (face book )that the bus stop over has been cancelled :(

chris

this week ive done

fixed fogs
changed oil
changed plugs
set tappets
mixture check
fitted some front vent grills

drove it everywhere and tomorrow got a mates wedding to do so gave her a clean ;)
dd4ce40d.jpg

b67f6495.jpg

oh and bent me arieal back :lol:
chris

crede999 said:

Looks beautiful Chris 8)

Such a shame that yet another show has had to be cancelled :( Not been a good year at all.

Can we have some nice weather soon... :sign0009:

repaired the rh rear inner sill for the mot and fixed bad earth on head lamp so will have 12mths ticket come monday 8) then ripped out filler from where it keps cracking on panneled over window holes then found got no paint left :roll:

dave ----------looking forward to when I can buy new sills and front arches and fit my OG rear side panels.

changed the oil checked
valve clearances
cleaned plugs
not getting it out of the garage as it's been tipping down with rain all day
getting ready for lavenham next weekend :D

Replaced all 24 drive shaft bolts along with new spreaders. Didn't take long thanks to my father in law letting me use his 4 post lift.

All ready for a day out on Sunday, weather permitting.

Latest posts