What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the Volks Nats show in Rocamadour. It was very hot. Wandered around looking at the stands, some very nice vehicles on show. It was too hot to go round the enormous field full of vehicles but had a look at a few of the more interesting ones. Round the main area there was music so loud you could not even speak to people stood right next to you - so feeling "I am too old for this shit" we left after a couple of hours to nurse our headaches and ringing ears. :lol:

Next we went and spent a very pleasant day/night with the Morris Minor Owners club "Minors on Tour" annual bash, which this year was at a nice campsite north of Souillac. Such a good crowd of people, had a great time catching up. :D

Just been for a little drive and a quick polish inside. May take the wheels off for a re-paint tomorrow

Back from a great trip to North Wales. 800 miles with barely any trouble!

Llandudno
SAM_3270.jpg

While we were there, the start of the 3 castles classic rally was on, some very tasty cars! took a couple for the old Porshe fans
SAM_3273.jpg

SAM_3305.jpg

Stayed at Nantcol Waterfall camp site near Barmouth. despite it hosing it down for most of the week, the camp site is ace, allowed a real fire and no rules like a Nazi concentration camp. Getting there involved missing the turn at Bet-y-Coed and going over the single track B4407. 7 miles in first gear :shock:
SAM_3307.jpg

SAM_3308.jpg

Barmouth, which actually got sunny!
SAM_3312.jpg

Highlight of the trip was getting the guy at the entrance to Portmeirian (setting of the prisnor) to let the van through the streets to get some photo's!
SAM_3384.jpg

Happy Days!! :D :D :D

Fitted my new calipers and discs and pads, replaced the short pipes to the calipers and replaced one of the rear hoses, couldn't undo the other one so left it soaking in fluid. And killed some dodgy looking spiders (they were tiny but I'm not taking any chances, they might grow :shock: )
Also had another look at the headlamp problem and found 2 wires not connected to the stalk switch, and the ign. switch was missing some too, some headscratching to be done.

crawled under the full length of the van to run bloody wires for these.

2012-06-09160825.jpg

68_early_bay said:
Always a a pain in the arse to do the wire run lol, but worth it for extra gauges :D where have you sited them :?: :D

they're in the glove box, neatly hidden away until i need them. it needs to be open to see my iPod anyway.

antoine said:
68_early_bay said:
Always a a pain in the arse to do the wire run lol, but worth it for extra gauges :D where have you sited them :?: :D

they're in the glove box, neatly hidden away until i need them. it needs to be open to see my iPod anyway.

That's how I've set up my satnav :D tucked away in the glovebox , no dangly leads around my dash, might have to borrow the idea and put my rev counter in there too :D

I also removed a brown widow spider nest :shock: :shock: , thankfully no spiders, I hope they're still in South Afirca :?
Now quickly falling out of love with my van!! I spent all afternoon under it :shock:

Yep, they're easy to fall out with!!

I spent 1 hour today painting the insides,took nearly a week to prep it though!!!!!!!!!

003-12.jpg

had a good run out :D firstly went to a car show in shirebrook, but when we got there the police had shut it due to them forgetting to apply for a outside liquer licence :roll: :roll: :roll:
so then off to wonderland classic car show at hoveringham, glad we went nice little show and the sun came out so bonus :D :D

wonderland003.jpg

wonderland031.jpg

wonderland049.jpg

shaun

Latest posts