What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought long and hard (again) about why it stopped just a few miles from home following nearly 600 miles of trouble-free motoring on holiday. :( Being taken away tomorrow for someone else to answer the "why" question - and fix it.

Today I fitted a window, made my sliding door close properly, lined up the cab doors, and fitted a track cover.

oh and I swore at him too.

yesterday (can tell by sun being present!)...
Got her out the garage to drink a toast to her 41st Birthday :D

IMAG1040.jpg

Got packed up for a camping trip down to Dorset, reached the end of the road where the cb rotary pump died. Came home, went to Beetlelink and got a great German made electric pump, fitted it and cruised down to a very wet
Campsite!!

Nice dry day so could actually work on it.
Bled the brakes, it now stops, just need it to go now ;)
Didn't find any nasty foreign spiders either, think they've all been drowned.

Somerset was warm & sunny today, so the bus came out for some fresh air. Fitted my CSP shifter 8) , then cleaned the floor pan as the rubber mat was out, new floor pan sections required at some stage :( .

Fitted new front shocks :D , took rh driveshaft off ready to replace cv boots :D and tried re-assembling 1/4 light for the sliding door, :x very tempted to fit 1 piece glass instead of 1/4 lights if they're this much of a pain. :roll:

stripped down the rear adj. springplates due to the garage installing them 2 splines instead of 1 :evil: so it's been running on the bumpstops for 12 months, thought it was a bit harsh out back....

rain stopped play on the left side....

Woke up in it :mrgreen:

Drove it home and washed it, then it rained .... :lol:

Refinished the Westy top and put a new canvas and seals. First time doing a canvas, so it looks workable but not great. My wife and daughter dig it tho...

12%2B-%2B1

Got back from a little private festival after sleeping in our van for the first time ever! It was comfy, warm and dry... so glad our tent sleeping nightmares are over! :) :)

Thermal's on...

bcdc883e-9465-e2d6.jpg

Cosy!

bcdc883e-94a2-b4f6.jpg

Dan takes in the morning view :)

bcdc883e-94de-f90f.jpg

Finished fitting my mains hookup, battery charger, inverters, TV and PS2.

Still need to wire in the mains and 12v to the fridge. Job for tomorrow methinks.

Latest posts