What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sat in him and had tea in the garden trying out our new to us, but second hand propex out....it was lush. :D

not today but meant to post this up at the time :oops: - bolted in my ammo box after painting it :mrgreen:

Need to find a better sticker :(

9B8A42C3-DAA5-442F-A93A-45D42C2BC2E2-2274-000002FAD7412A62_zpsf7343950.jpg

Started it up for the first time in about 2 months having been to busy to play for to long and it fired up first go! immediately fell back in love with it! If it had hands i would of given it a high five!!!

Changed my holed exhaust for the one Dubdubz sent me as I was getting loads of fumes in the cab :oops:

But. Still getting fumes so must be the heat exchangers so looks like ill have to disconnect them while in work tonight so no heating for me until after Xmas unless I pick some up in New York next week

Mark(slowly being poisoned )

Got an MOT - sailed through!! Just an advisory that the rubber gaitors on the steering joints are starting to perish. Happy days :)

I decided I needed to recommission SuperDry today.

Rolled her out on to the drive, checked the wheel bolts from last week.

Popped the shifter off and packed the socket full of grease and refitted it.

Went to start it up and despite having a new starter on there and a brand new battery, whilst it put the red dash lights on, when I turned the key they dimmed, but there was no noise from the starter etc.

When I had a bit of a nose at the earth cable from the battery I found this.

3B4F26FF-F1EA-4D00-8D9F-1F01D080BA26-1717-000000B6A61B3049.jpg

21829E0D-E91F-436D-B02C-ADBAFCE9ADA9-1717-000000B69FD7CC36.jpg

I think there was a distinct lack of current being able to flow through this!

Swapped it out for a pukka braided earth strap and it fired up instantly.

Took it out for a drive, and broke down within 10 minutes. Had a bit of a nosey around and found the problem. A the back if the fusebox I'd piggybacked a feed for the tacho, and the spade connector had come off, taking with it the connection for the ignition switch.
D'oh!!

869C6341-FFE5-4DA5-A3E7-9ACCCEAC699F-1717-000000B8A9B37551.jpg

Working today, albeit from home. Yesterday, sorted out my heat exchanger tubes, fitted new cables, panelled under the R&R bed, and fitted ducting for Propex heater. So van is nice and warm on the move and stopped now...

lobie said:
bought this to fit on jailbars

001-6.jpg

You're a classic Lobie. I've been looking at this badge for a while now but couldn't part with the asking price. He was trying to sell it on carandclassic for a while before it went on ebay. Very nice touch for the jailbars. You know you will really have to become a member now. :lol:

Took Murphy for a run out to work after struggling to get him started this weekend, flat batterys and a reluctant split charge relay!
Was awesome on the icy roads!

Today I installed my new fuel pump just trying up tick all the boxes that may have caused fuel to get into my oil

1-fuel regulator fitted 1.5 bar. Check
2-stripped carbs checked needle jets all seemed ok not sticking. Check
3-new fuel pump fitted today
Oh and two oil changes in two weeks
She's not smoking now and running smooth so fingers crossed

Mark

fitted a new battery, the old one was kaput ... like a couple of posts before my earth lead was knackered and had to sort it out first. Started after a bit of churning and left it to warm up :D

Moving house on Friday, the removal men arent transfering the garden plant containers so filled the back up with those ... now looks like a greenhouse :!: double garage awaits in the new pad plus 10 years of DIY projects before you get too jealous :lol:

Installed a strap on both sides of the top for extra security! :D

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

Still need to do a little adjusting but they should work out. The door doesn't hit them but on the passenger side, my new door rubber kind of rubs a little as I open and shut the door. Eventually that will wear the rubber in that spot. May have to find some smaller hooks.

Today I decorated my bus. :D

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Not sure how legal the garland in the window is, but I guess I'll find out. I have more decorations in my bus then in my house! LOL

went back to stock system and fitted my VW GB owners badge

003-7_zps71214502.jpg

002-7_zps3ed57d9b.jpg

001-9_zps2c84b60a.jpg

excuse the poor quality camera phone pics :lol:

Removed the engine today, yesterday I painted the silver wheels body coloured. Looks better methinks.
IMG_0001-2_zps5dce7d0d.jpg

IMG_0002-1_zps927d5677.jpg

Today I decided to try some material style floor mats. Picked these up at Walmart.

file-16.jpg

file-17.jpg

After installing them I decided that I need to go get some of the small rubber mats like one would have in the back of a 4 door car. The mats will hold the water to easily. After I get the rubber mats I think I will have a better insulated floor and will hopefully reduce road noise and also stay a little warmer, I hope! :D

Picked up my spare engine today, and ended up with a gearbox and driveshafts too, will be able to make one good turnkey engine and have a longblock spare. It has flaps and thermostat, stuff missing from the S.African engine.
IMG_0001_zps3953c398.jpg

soon stripped
IMG_0004_zps067b4af3.jpg

IMG_0003_zps2acee9c3.jpg

IMG_0002_zps60860d41.jpg

not sure what model weber carb it is? single choke similar to stock solex????

Latest posts