What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steamo said:
I'll tell you if you promise not to think less of me :( .......

........2.0 litre ford pinto :oops: :oops: - I know, I know its cheating a bit, I would have loved a nice aircooled lump but my van came engineless and I just couldn't afford one. This set up set me back sub £400 (lot of work and a bit of luck involved, but I had the time and not the cash). 120 brake and 130 ft/lbs for that money seems like a bit of a result to me.

So here she is:
DSC_0229.jpg

Hi!

Great work, followed your thread on the other forum, massive undertaking, and what a amazing outcome. Maybe post up pics and details on here so everyone can have a look.
The air intake is very nicely done.

More pics!

Cheers!

Alistair

Took the truck out for a music video, along with some mates (who happen to all have earlies)
408765_10151208984487618_1522527029_n.jpg

All the earlies along with my mrs' Herald
223736_4659592857725_1237434117_n.jpg

This lovely unrestored Chevrolet with original sign writing and interior came down from the Lincoln Road Transport Museum http://www.lvvs.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
561977_10151209654872618_774227512_n.jpg

And this stunning Plymouth Fury came out to play too
553637_10151209652787618_628351794_n.jpg

Had a day off and prepared my bus for winter today :(

All the curtains and perishables removed, hubcaps off and battery on to trickle charge.

Added some more badges! I'm officially out of room on my grille. Need to find a bar and some bar brackets to mount any more I find! I look at it as being winterized. Not much air is going to go through! LOL

IMG_4747.jpg

The RAC badge (kind of hard to see it) to the left of the Pepsi bottle opener is new.
IMG_4752.jpg

Here is a close up of the other 2 new ones. The ones on the left. The far right one has been on the bus for a while now. :D

IMG_4748.jpg

The ADAC badge is my favorite! Only paid 5 bucks a piece for my newest additions! :D

Took the headliner out of my bus, was in pretty good nick, isnt now :cry:
No choice if you want to do the sunroof tubes properly, just need to decide on a new liner or westy style ply, like both.
ebay023.jpg

Last week I fitted my new bumper iron and overriders that I had kicking around my shed since April.
rynaqa5y.jpg

This evening I mocked up the front bumper.
abe4unem.jpg

Fitted some nos heat exchangers I picked up in the summer for 40 squid :shock: then had them powder coated grey for 30 ... I love a bargain ;)

Chris

crede999 said:
Fitted some nos heat exchangers I picked up in the summer for 40 squid :shock: then had them powder coated grey for 30 ... I love a bargain ;)

Chris[ /quote]

:mrgreen: I'm so jealous I need some as my driver side one is rattling and I'm getting fumes in the cab :?

Fitted a new starter motor as the £5 scrap yard job finally let go last weekend - just in time for dubfreeze :( forcing me to take the daily

Fitted 1/4 light and 3/4 window glass in my sliding door :D another job ticked off.
IMG_0002.jpg

Went to MADMATZ open day. 8)
20121111_130929.jpg

LINK:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39020&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marriedblonde said:
Yesterday i collected my brand spankers new long block and today i am removing the stock 1600

Well i didnt remove my stock motor as planned. I had sold it as a turn key motor to another member on here. But as i haven't used my bus for a month or so i thought i would take it out for a run to make sure it was all hunky dorey. Got back after a 30. Ish mile run and the engines got a knocking sound. Runs fine, starts fine etc but theres a knocking noise :-(

Collected my new roof rack from a very nice couple in Pevensey, gonna sand it down and paint to match the van.

P1030865.jpg

:D

Latest posts