What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today i have fitted Petronix ignitor 2 electronic ignition, flamethrower 2 coil and flamethrower leads.....man i cant believe the difference it has made. There is a hill near my place where i always have to change down.....not now. :D JK have the flamethrower 2 coil cheaper than anywhere else i could find at just over 38 quid.
If you are thinking of getting rid of your condenser and points dont hesitate,go for it.

Sat around a lot and looked at big holes in my mates uk jobba,
yhehenag.jpg

The sun shone so the covers came off and she started easily. Took her for a 30 mile run out, then relocated the 240v distribution board in the bed box to make space for the Propex that I intend to fit over the coming weeks. Then I tucked her up again under her covers and had a beer.

A good day.

Delilahundercover_zps7c57df5a.jpg

Pulled my rear axles! Just needed hubby's help to break the bolts loose on the tranny side. I did all the rest. :D

IMG_5048.jpg

My friend will take them to his work and get them all cleaned up for me. Then I will update my thread with before and after pics. :D

My plans for this week are to get my rear axles cleaned up and rebuilt, pull ball joints and replace, and possibly do shocks too. Eventually I want all the running gear to be new. :D Oh, and hopefully I will get my seats back by the time I'm done and will be able to drive the bus again. LOL

Well yesterday actually, finally finished plumbing in all the stainless braided breather tubes. Two in here.
DSCF7258_zpsd72b2046.jpg

and one on each side of the engine connected to welded in connections on each rocker cover.
DSCF7259_zpsd76b49bb.jpg

DSCF7264_zps29f1fde1.jpg

Now back to the wiring! ;)

Buss69 said:
Well yesterday actually, finally finished plumbing in all the stainless braided breather tubes. Two in here.
DSCF7258_zpsd72b2046.jpg

and one on each side of the engine connected to welded in connections on each rocker cover.
DSCF7259_zpsd76b49bb.jpg

DSCF7264_zps29f1fde1.jpg

wow that loks a bit f1 style,

our breather is the engine bay, oil every where! its on the list
:msn4: jth

Buss69 said:
DSCF7258_zpsd72b2046.jpg

DSCF7259_zpsd76b49bb.jpg

DSCF7264_zps29f1fde1.jpg

john the horse said:

I know what you mean. Originally had this breather sat beneath the OG sound deadening but it went a bit wobbly and I wanted to replace with something modern. The foil stuff is sound deadening as well as flame/ heat retardant. My old setup had two small air filters on the two rear input/ outputs of the breather box but when I pushed the bus hard oil ended up dripping from the filters over the pulley and then sprayed the entire engine bay. Still it did stop everything from rusting :lol: For the current setup I have extended the two rear in/outs up to the air inlet vents which should stop any leaking oil as they are now easily the highest point in the engine (fingers crossed on that one). :D

T-cut roof, fitted a new jk devon roof vent , fitted door cards and new door pull from retrodubs,new indicator bulb and rewired the number plate light............got home to find my new number plates have arrived :mrgreen: Pretty good day

Fitted my engine back in after top end rebuild and fly wheel oil seals renewed
Started up and ran just fine just need to de gunk the rest of the bus

Going in
07F913D8-3408-42CC-9AAA-5CE4D56A993D-11283-00000D99019CE0B8.jpg

B2467656-975F-438B-932C-407D87A5ECA8-11283-00000D98FABB6FE6.jpg

In she goes
87B081CD-1E8A-4B8A-9730-EC105E15E63D-11283-00000D98F323CD3D.jpg

Almost done
3CDEB87C-A9A2-4714-B7A3-E4BA52F5A539-11283-00000D98EB15B20B.jpg

Mark

used some 'strip-it' pads from Frost to remove the rust on the inside of the roof! They are brilliant! Then marine clean/prep/por-15.

Fitted some chrome sections on the rear lights that were missing. Made my wood headlining, covered in faux leather and backed with foil insulation. Should be fitting it tomorrow. That hopefully should be the rear part of the roof done.

Had a lazy day, just fitted number plates to the van and removed some of the empty boxes and bags that seem to accumulate inside, then went to the cribbar newquay for a cappuccino and a bacon roll :p

Got a few things done today. Well kind of done. LOL

Hubby made a tool to take the ball joints out!

file-28.jpg

Not pretty but it did the job!

We got one back in but will finish the job tomorrow.

I also got my axles back from the "cleaners" lol, and I got those packed and put back together. Will install them tomorrow. You guy's are going to love the color I painted them! LOL

file-25.jpg

file-29.jpg

I will update my thread when I get everything put back together so I can have before and after pics! :D

Latest posts